Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cpc emulator

Options
  • 31-10-1999 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

ok, so i downloaded the emulator and i d/l lasersqd and the extension kit.

now, how do i make em work?

i get to the cpc screen, but i forgotten how to run games
    i stuck in run"lasersqd, but it comes up with reading disk error retry, cancel, etc

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

This an amstrad emu ? why the hell would you want one of those emulated ? anyways, if you give me the site where you got it I'll have a look into it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

WWman,
    Get the Amstrad Emulator here;

http://www.classicgaming.com/vault/

and you can get Laser Squad from here;

http://www.classicgaming.com/vault/cpcroms-L.shtml

A truly classy game allright ... i have repressed memories of stopping while walking downstairs after playing it because i felt i'd run out of action points.

-
    Strange the way even with PIII 500's and overpowered graphics cards that a good few of us seem to be playing games from over 10 years ago.

straight from the quake board smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

get the Harrier jump jet rom for it, that was such a class game. Only 3 colours but it was so addictive.

Just one more bomb dammit! smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

WW,

yeah that was my original post..

I'm on an office comp now.. but my home comp should be delivered home today so when i get back there i'll post up how to run it.. can't remember off the top of my head.

J

Yay,

Was wonderin when i'd lose that Fkin redShirt

sunglasses.gif

Wonder what's next?

• Advertisement

Ok,

Boredom got the better of me so i DL'd it here and refreshed my memory.

WW assuming you DL'd the Caprice emulator...

Make sure you know where the LaserSqd.dsk and the .diz file are .. same folder for simplicity

run cap32 ..

now you should have the amstrad screen there ... stop soaking up the memories ... and press f8 for a menu ... to set up the screen and controls the way you like ... then go back to the amstrad screen

Now press F6 to get a loader selection ... you should find the LaserSqd.dsk file there at the bottom (assuming your lookin in the right folder) Select it.

back on the Amstrad screen now type (not neccessary if you know the file name)

CAT

you get a list (with hopefully just LS .bin)

now just type

RUN"LS"

and thats it ... you get to then buy loads of Rocketlaunchers and demolish Sterner Regnixes house before wading in with m4000's ... fun for all the family,

F10 quits the App.

JAK

sunglasses.gif

Use Ctrl F4 to save a game and CTRL F2 to load it next time ...

Thats about it.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

truely you are the saviour smile.gif
    nice one mate

owe ya there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Close one there,
    I was just about to tell WWM to do an FFR and send his PC for an EZ-Serv. smile.gif

Advertisement