Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurosport on Chorus MMDS

• 08-12-2002 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

What's the beef with Eurosport and Sky on Chorus MMDS. I'm told that Eurosport is blacked out (static to be exact) when they show a match that is also being shown on Sky Sports. I hear also that this is not a "territorial rights" issue, is this true?

Eurosport is provided as part as the basic package to Chorus MMDS customers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

I actually started a thread a couple of months ago on this but eventually gave up trying to get Chorus to sort the problem.

Basically, I have analogue MMDS and channel 7(Eurosport/Nicolodeon etc) is premanently scrambled not just when there is a match on . They tried changing decoders but the only time the channel worked was when all channels were clear.
    Once channels were allocated as per your sub, this channel became blocked. They could not sort and just gave up...

I didn't really follow up further as I have Sky Digital which gives you Br Eurosport and I only keep the Chorus box for convenience and to take down to the caravan in summer. I only pay a mini sub for it. €50 per quarter.

To sum up it shows Chorus don't have much idea about their own product!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

Has this got to do with their premiership plus offering? Cause i have it. I have a very low opinion of eurosport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Liking Eurosport is a matter of personal preference. However, if Chorus include it as part of their subsciption you should be able to watch it as you like. Personally, I've no interest in sports channels ...

Advertisement