Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know anything bout this band called velvetron

Options
  • 08-12-2002 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

friend just played me a cd of this band called velvetron and it really rocked, kinda riminded me of a cross between the pumpkins and nine inch nails but with some eighties electro bits added twas really different...tried to get the cd in tower but they said it sold out....does anyone know anything more bout this band as i'm getting interested already

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Nope... Never heard of them before in my life. They sound very velvety though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

There was a lot of talk about them in these parts about 4months ago, think it was ph3nom who was talking about them, not too sure tho, name is definately familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

if i had a euro for every thread enquiring about velvetron that came up on these boards i'd have about 6 euro....

maybe the guys from velvetron keep logging in as different ppl and asking about them ;);)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73045

anyway there u go, maybe that'll help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sonic truth

cool thanks drowner. p.s. are you a suede fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Someone gave me a flyer to get into a gig free with Velvetron over Xmas. Think it was after the Hate Eternal gig last week. But I somehow don't think Velvetron is going to be my thing - sounds a little too soft and cushy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Spam spam spam spam spam spam egg bacon and spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

quote : Spam spam spam spam spam spam egg bacon and spam.

.........any eggs to go with that???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

sonic truth (sorry if im blowing yer cover here) but arent u in the band? or is that ruby's eyes? i dunno...

anyway, i do have that suede album , but im not a suede fan in particular, check my profile details if u wanna know where i got the name form.

no i'm not actually in the band but i do know them well & like d music ....you should buzz down to the music c on the 29th...cos they are back to full strenght now...they are playin with eyesclosed, oxygen kiosk & mute is murder & its only 5 bills in.....

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by sonic truth
    no i'm not actually in the band but i do know them well & like d music ....you should buzz down to the music c on the 29th...cos they are back to full strenght now...they are playin with eyesclosed, oxygen kiosk & mute is murder & its only 5 bills in.....
    Oh well in that case... I'd like to say that everyone should listen to my friends bands... Caffine High, Mad Max and Leeway. They're class bands too yanno?

• Advertisement

mad max is a savage band name....wot do they sound like??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This isn't an advertisement service. And it's especially annoying when you try and cover-up the fact with faux-questions about the band you're pimping. This thread is getting scrapped, I dont want to see a slew of newbies asking "Anyone heard/know generic band #56???".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement