Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ez-Mdl editing?

Options
  • 26-10-1999 7:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I've been hearing some stuff about customising your in-game player...not sure what game this is (maybe UT?) but anyway...

*Is it true that you can change the height & weight of your player?
    *Remember the early previews of Quake3, when they said you can import a hi-res picture as a face texture?
    *I think the Half-Life mdling scene is going realy well, I'm impressed!

But what we (I) need is a game that has a Player Setup menu that not only allows you to chose a model, or a colour...
    But a menu that will allow you to easily create an almost one-of-a-kind mdl to play with...

Imagine a 'wizzard' that takes you through 20 or 30 steps of chosing age, weight, sex, race, hair, build, facial features, clothes, posture, and so on......
    All materials would be included as standard in all servers and clients, so everyone could see your kick-ass model.

This is what I would like to see in the next big FPS.

BUT WHO CARES?

Copyright(c) Dildo Corp.(TM) 1999
    All trademarks are the property or their respective owners. If you believe this message is an illegal/pirate copy, please phone weather-dial on: 1550 123854

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

at this hour of the morning.................

no one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

You can do this in one of those WWF wrestling games on the PSX and N64. But the models in them are sh!te anyway.

Yeah, this would be really cool for games like Q3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah, I've seen that game...
    Wrestling games are usualy cack, but it'd be worth playing for that feature alone!

Yeah we had a great laugh the other night doing models of people we know smile.gif

Also people pass on ways of doing certain characters over The Internet, like you can find sites that describe how to build a Lara Croft model for the game etc.

Oh and no, it's not worth getting the game, it IS cack!

Models of ppl U know?
    Didn't know it was that good!
    I might rent it from Xtra-Vision or something.

Hey Karla, you're an 3l33t coder aren't you?
    Maybe you could "whack" together a little win32 proggie for making HalfLife models in the same fashion as that boxing game? Eh? smile.gif

• Advertisement

LMAO!

3l33t coder?!?!?

nah you must have the wrong person! smile.gif

Hmmm, I seem to remember a post of yours some while back, that would suggest you know a thing or two about programming... frown.gif

Copyright(c) Dildo Corp.(TM) 1999
    www.gibworld.com/grotto

Well, yeah I did play with the source code to Quake 2 for a while, but I never actually got anywhere with it really sad.gif

I've learned a fair bit since, I think, maybe I'll get into it again sometime...
    Time is kinda tight these days tho, you know how it is.

And I also got addicted to Perl, which is no great help to C/C++ smile.gif

Yeah, I know...
    I'd love to have the time to stay up all night coding and drinking coke.
    But work keeps me too busy. sad.gif

Advertisement