Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands dont want to play here no more

• 08-12-2002 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Why in the last few years have less and less good bands played here,
    alot of bands are cutting Ireland out of there tour list.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

err like who?

I could name at least a few dozen great bands/acts that have played this year in Ireland..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Vladivar

Name them?

Roger Waters, Brian Wilson, cLOUDDEAD, Prince, Blackalicious, DJ Craze, Foo Fighters, Luna, Múm, Fugazi, Tenacious D, El-p, Aesop Rock, Mr. Scruff, Sparklehorse, Badly Drawn Boy, Grandmaster Flash, Asian Dub Foundation, Low, Sigur Ros, Ryan Adams, Doves, DJ Shadow.....

although thats just the gigs I went to or should have went to and can remember missing :)

All quality gigs (apart from BDB I hear) from great acts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Roger Waters, Brian Wilson, cLOUDDEAD, Prince, Blackalicious, DJ Craze, Foo Fighters, Luna, Múm, Fugazi, Tenacious D, El-p, Aesop Rock, Mr. Scruff, Sparklehorse, Badly Drawn Boy, Grandmaster Flash, Asian Dub Foundation, Low, Sigur Ros, Ryan Adams, Doves, DJ Shadow.....

How could you leave out Dolly Parton Kali?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

There are more bands playing here than ever before. There a few big bands playing Dublin every weekend. A few years back tough planning laws meant there were hardly any concerts during the summer now there are loads. One thing that has changed is that ticket prices have went through the roof and so has the demand for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Not to mention:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Fun Lovin Criminals
    Papa Roach
    Coldplay
    Puddle Of Mud
    Korn
    Stereophonics
    Counting Crows
    Blind Boys Of Alabama
    Paul Simon
    All the acts at Wittness (Oasis, Prodigy, Less than jake, BRMC, A, Starsailor, Greenday, Jimmy Eat World, Air, Mercury Rev, Primal Scream, Gomez, No Doubt, Basement Jaxx, Dandy Warhols, Idlewild, loads more...)

I think that it is amazing, when you think of our poulation and geographical size, the amount of acts we get every year. And this year was probably a fairly tame year by comparison. I know music is a matter of taste, so what bands do you regard as being "good" and are currently cutting us out of their tours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

That seems to have shut Vladivar up :)

now if only metalica would come over soon... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by Neil3030

Fun Lovin Criminals

Wheren't they playing in Dublin last week. And in 2001 they played at least 3 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Syd_Vicious

This is Syd_Vicious speaking...

Can't forget the awesome gig that was P.O.D. along with Ill Nino & Skindred in the Ambassader.

Almost everyone went to see the support bands but after the gig, everyone agreed that P.O.D. tore the house down!

This has been Syd_Vicious speaking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Vladivar

no megasheep it hasent shut me up because I said good bands
    not your mainstream, singer-songwriter crap.

• Advertisement

that all depends on your definition of "good". my definition is in my post above :)

good bands

So what is it you are looking for? More of the likes of Six? Westlife? Backstreet Boys? Hear Say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

well according to the website for their new album (http://www.100thwindow.com), massive attack are not coming to ireland in 2003 :(

but yeah, ireland has always had good acts coming here all the time, but we also want more damnit. and make the ticket prices cheaper. :p

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Kali

Originally posted by Vladivar

The above all being mainstream of course.* :rolleyes:

*note: yes I am aware that some of the above are actually mainstream.

Originally posted by adnans
    well according to the website for their new album (http://www.100thwindow.com), massive attack are not coming to ireland in 2003 :(

Massive Attack are extremely boring live.

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    Wheren't they playing in Dublin last week. And in 2001 they played at least 3 times.

Sorry, must have overlooked this while skimming through,

Yeah they played Wittness last year and also did a gig in the Point Depot. They played the Kilkenny Paul Simon festival thing this year and did a few nights in the Olympia aswell.

Oh, just to add to my list of bands that played here this year: [edit] wooops, twud appear Kali already mentioned them (Blackalicious) [/edit] and Alabama 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

Originally posted by megasheep
    That seems to have shut Vladivar up :)

now if only metalica would come over soon... :)

Your wish is granted

And another good band that was here this year was Dream Theater

Advertisement