Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport

Options
  • 08-12-2002 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

While taxiing at London Gatwick, the crew of a US Air flight departing for Ft. Lauderdale made a wrong turn and came nose to nose with a United 727.
    An irate female ground controller lashed out at the US Air crew, screaming: "US Air 2771, where the hell are you going? I told you to turn right onto Charlie taxiway! You turned right on Delta! Stop right there. I know it's difficult for you to tell the difference between Cs and Ds, but get it right!"
    Continuing her tirade to the embarrassed crew, she was now shouting hysterically: "God, you've screwed everything up! It'll take forever to sort this out! You stay right there and don't move till I tell you to! You can expect progressive taxi instructions in about half an hour and I want you to go exactly where I tell you, when I tell you, and how I tell you! You got that, US Air 2771?"
    "Yes ma'am," the humbled crew responded.
    Naturally the ground control frequency went terribly silent after the verbal bashing of US Air 2771. Nobody wanted to engage the irate ground controller in her current state.
    Tension in every cockpit at LGA was running high. Then, an unknown pilot broke the silence and asked: "Wasn't I married to you once?"

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Sorry but I didn't find that funny at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

gulp! a moderator who doesnt know the humour forum rules! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

lol, i wasnt gona post that exact joke

BUT I didnt think it was good enough for the forum. nice try tho

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

not impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

IS the punchline to this coming tomorrow ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement