Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom and Esat - Errors

Options
  • 08-12-2002 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi,

Ok connect to Eircom....get 0 erros in the internet status dialog. Get compresssion of about 8%...sounds good to me...

on second hand got Esat

2 Errors at least .....then errors might go up to 3, well 50/50 really....0% compression.

Is it so that Esat have problems or what? cause esat isn't very good....it pauses a lot.....but eircom imust say i relieable. But price wise a joke.

I am on no limits with esat.

Are ye having the same problems with the errors and pauses .....or is it just my modem is **** :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I always get 2 or 3 errors in the status box immediately after logging on with NoLimits. Never increases after that and never makes any difference to my browsing/downloading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

thats what u think...i thought that also until i tried eircom and its so much smooter and faster :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

I use both regularily enough and get those annoying pauses on both. (Playing games online makes these very obvious).

Ive yet to find out what causes this, but as it happens regardless of isp ive been looking elsewhere. (/me stares at the 50 foot long cable complete with a 20 foot coil by his feet).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by donaloconnor
    thats what u think...i thought that also until i tried eircom and its so much smooter and faster :rolleyes:

My connection with IOL:
    49.2/50.6 every time
    (nice download speeds from 5.50 to 6.0 kB/s)

My connection with Eircom:
    33.6 every time

Money paid to Eircom when I dial up with IOL:
    Half the amount of the money paid to Eircom when I dial up with Eircom

Two advantages for the price of one.

Advertisement