Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help- Book about a postman

Options
  • 08-12-2002 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

I want to get a Christmas present for my dad. He heard an author being interviewed some time ago on the radio. His book was a postmans stories from Ireland.
    I know its vague but can anyone shed any light as I have had no luck searching the Irish bookstores, both online and in person.
    Thanks, Neil.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

I work in a bookshop (part time) and have never heard of it. At least you have a fair idea about what it is you're looking for. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who come in to the shop with no title and no author and no real clue as to what the book is about (it's about some man...) (I think it's called 'The something of something') and expect us to magic up the book there and then. And then they say, "but sure I heard it on the radio".....I swear, every second customer is like that. If they have some information then we can usually figure it out, but jaysus....

We actually get sent a list every week of what books were reviewed on what radio and tv programmes so that makes it easier.

I'll get back to you. You're not alone!

later,
    Roxy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Roxy,
    Thanks very much for taking the time. It would be great to get this book for him rather than something he doesn't want:)

Advertisement