Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DivX Woes

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Its not the Motherboards.
    Also, I doubt its the codec,
    I have a p4 2.66Ghz Machine, 256 DDR, and a GF4 Ti4200 8xAGP, on an sis mobo and I get the same thing, I'm using the 4.12 Codec (Cant find the 5 on my machine :( )

its might have something to do with Winxp,
    Before was using a p4 1.6Ghz machine, 256SD and a GF2 MX and the div-x's ran grand, but it was on win2k.

just a thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I did not read the whole thread so i may be way off but i have come across movies that will NOT play in Media player no matter what codec is installed.. but play it with software dvd software like windvd and its fine!! Seen it a good few times as i have about 200 DivX movies or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Originally posted by Saruman
    I did not read the whole thread

It shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I hear alot of talk about this Nimo codec pack ... I've never gotten it to work. Generally everything bar a few avis would run, I install nimo and nothing will run anymore:/

I've found out what the problem was, and it has absolutely nothing to do with codecs :)

Apparently my soundcard (Creative Soundblaster 128, €20 job) has issues with DivX playback - i.e. the audio skips, with the video following suit. I'm getting no skips whatsoever using my onboard AC 97 sound so far - that said I have only tested one file, the ten minute CS one, but it didn't skip at all where it would have skipped maybe eleven or twelve times before.

So there :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Take a fuppin' hommer till it, biy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

INSTALL NEMO CODEC PACK LTTEEMM

Itll soLVE EVERYTHING!22!

*warning - this post may contain lies*

LOL, and yeah I forgot to mention that it was Snaga who suggested this, he = teh win :)

Advertisement