Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i want her!

• 09-12-2002 3:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

Originally posted by unregged
    My advice is to not go near her. Why? Because you've built her up in your head now and put her on a pedestal.

(i took that quote from a different thread because i thought it was relevent)
    (was talking to a guy about my situation today and he told me...not to build this girl up cuz as soon as he wanted something solid from her (old boyfiend)...she became disinterested)

im going through a similar situation as the unregistered user that posted that quote ..except..i know that this girl also fancies me and has told me that we should get together (you should know...i think the world of this girl, have an excellent friendship and i really want her.)

It was friday night that she told me that she fancied me (over a txt) .,.i said the same and she said that we should talk.
    We talked today over the phone for half an hour but no sparks flew. (i really did expect sparks to fly :/ )
    I told her that something needs to happen quick or the relationship could just fade away..which of course i don't want.
    Now, I will see this girl in school tomorrow and talk to usual old crap to her (good weekend? blah blah blah - what else should i say to her? i'm confused) ..i will probably get with her next weekend when both of us go out together. But im really worried that this will not last until next weekend...because the moment will have passed and we will just think..."it would never have worked anyway" or something like that.

What im looking for is some advice on what to say to this girl when i see her at school. (i want to let her know that im most definately interested but don't want to 'put her on a pedestal' so she grows away from me? ..i dunno....maybe i'm just using this as a form of therepy and to talk about what we *must* keep secret until next weekend.
    Advice on what to say please? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

You could talk about the weather :D

But if that fails talk about some thing that is happening in school, exams maybe?

Maybe talk about Christmas holidays?

Or talk about what you’re going to do next weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Or you could try flirting with her like normal people who fancy each other do. It's not some dirty secret that ye have to hide...

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

If the moment does, and neither of you do anything else about it, then it does beg the question whether it is anything more than attraction. She *did* initiate the first move, and if sparks didn't fly (which rarely happens, imxp) maybe that you saying u don;t really want her in a relationship. It;s certainly not a good reason for hurrying into a relationship!

I don;t wish in any way to belittle the level of your emotion for this girl, but I would suggest you consider whether you like her enough to make a commitment, or whether you just want to shag her plain an simple.

Self honesty often helps.

If you do want to be with her, than no-one can else can do anything about it but you, so talk to her!
    "About that text message..."
    and see her reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by Scrappy]-[Nick
    [What im looking for is some advice on what to say to this girl when i see her at school

Dont say, DO! Why wait till the weekend. Have your wicked way with her in the corridor. If that doesnt say "i want you" i dont know what does. Or a little bit more seriously why not go for a coffee or something after school?

Other then that you could do what logic says(something about that sentence is wrong) and flirt with her.

Hope i helped:)

P.S. If none of this works pull her hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

im going through a similar situation as the unregistered user that posted that quote ..except..i know that this girl also fancies me and has told me that we should get together (you should know...i think the world of this girl, have an excellent friendship and i really want her.)

Yup, and lots of the time people actually do get into relationships where there is a mutual thing between them, the thing being that the more you like/fancy that chick the more umm power, that chick has to minister over you in the relationship.

There is nothing wrong with that per se, just so long as you are aware of the fact that when it is you who is more infatuated with person (x) in a relationship, then it is you who is ultimately at the disadvantage in that same relationship.

/Yes I am single.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

That's the attitude I like to see Typey.. never show em you care otherwise they use you for their own filthy ends! ;)

.logic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Typedef
    [B/Yes I am single. [/B]

I'm not surprised Typie!
    you are even more cynical then me

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    I'm not surprised Typie!
    you are even more cynical then me

Good one.

never show em you care otherwise they use you for their own filthy ends

Damn straight, treat em mean....*
    *haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

some very interesting tips there, thx
    Just spent the whole day talking to her in school so things are going really well. (chatting and txting)
    But we both want/need this to go further i'm thinking so i'm gonna bite the bullet and ask her out before the weekend. (and when both of us are sober.)
    Some coffee and music might be just the kick-start that this relationship needs.
    Thx, i'll let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Good stuff, may I suggest hot chocolate instead of coffee though? Coffee speeds me up and makes me more nervous if there is anything to be nervous about and we all know what women think about when they put their lips against warm, sweet chocolate* waheeeeeey!! *wink wink wink, nudge nudge, ey ey EY!!*

*sex right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Gordon
    *sex right?

only on Planet Gordon.......

Good god Gordy edit - Gordon's horrid link. blergh**

I may never sleep easy again! [crafty edit gordon jokette - I heard you were very easy to get to bed!]

***erm bad sig... bad.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Typedef
    Good god Gordy edit - Gordon's horrid link. eew[/url]

I may never sleep easy again!

Gordon, did we have to see that???

ahem. sory - goredon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Scrappy]-[Nick
    What im looking for is some advice on what to say to this girl when i see her at school.
    Pull her pigtails and then run away. If she chases after you, kicks you in the shins and pushes you over, you're in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

ya pigtails, good. Or try kiss cuddle or torture maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

or even kisschasing.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

This is going to sound dumb-

The next time yer up close and personal with her, with no-one else around, ask her if you can kiss her. Sounds dumb as, but it's never failed for me. Failing that, drop the hand and see how it goes down (pardon the pun there)

[crafty edit gordon jokette - I heard you were very easy to get to bed!]

Hello kettle? Yeah I've got Gordon on the line he says you have a black arse!

bwhahaha*
    *note: It's only hilariously funny because it's true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Durden

If she likes you and you like her, maybe you didn't notice sparks flying cause they already had? just a vaugly optimistic thingy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Well the weekend has come and gone. Did you make or move? Did you get get denied? Or did she jump your bones(monaghan people are like that i noticed ;))? I demand answers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement