Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi PC's

• 09-12-2002 8:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Having bought one a year ago and using it with much delight i decided to buy one of teh new ones for this year.
    ****ing brilliant.

There majour problems with the ones last year was that they were p4's with SD ram, they rectified that this year and these machines are shipped with DDR ram (333MHZ)

The machine is savage, its as quite as a mouse, u can barely hear it unless you are really trying tolisten for the sound. the AGP is 8x not 4x which is pretty nifty, teh front panel doiley is superb, it replaces teh floppy with a smart-card/Compactflash/Sony memory stick,ect reader.

but what i was happiest about was the TV tuner, u can hook up a VCR directly to the machine and record TV to a tape or if u want to the Hard drive.

I bought it two weeks ago but only got to use it tonight after meh pc in dublin ****ed up and i had to travel down to galway to use the new one.

The reason im writing this is that as far as I know they still have some left, so any1 who was asking for opiniens in teh last thread 2 weeks ago could know, they a well worth getting..

NO FLOPPEHS!!!!!!

o and the power button light is blue
    SWANK!!!

any1 else get one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

No I dont have one .... but I'd like to! ...

BTW ... ALDI in Ballincollig has (last Saturday afternoon) a 19" monitor and a couple of 15" TFT's left if anyone is looking for them ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Yeah Doodee,

Got one of these in Tullamore! Excellent piece of machinery :) The added readers in the front panel are just so excellent! No need to any seperate Smart readers or anything any more! Haven't used any yet, but I can only assume that they are pretty sh*t hot!

They still have some pcs and monitors left there too....Get on down :)

Advertisement