Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording from Sony Minidisc 707

• 09-12-2002 11:25am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Have a 707 with the mic. Want to be able to record interviews and save them onto my PC as wav files.
    Can this be done?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭red vex

yes and no
    not by simply uploading
    it must be done using d-a a-d conversion

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Can you explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Well I think he means that sony's software won't let you do this digitally. So you can record on to the MD but when you come to transfer back to the PC the sony software won't let you do this, by simply dragging and dropping. I think the software will only allow songs that have come from the PC to be put back on the PC.

So you'll probably have to record the MD playback from the PC. You'll do this by running a lead from the headphone socket to the line in on the sound card on your PC. You can use a cable like the one that runs from your sound card to the PC speakers.

I use an application called CD Wave http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~mjmlooijmans/cdwave/
    to both record the wav and split up the files afterwards.

Its a little bit longwinded as you have to record back on to the PC in realtime, but it works fine. I do this alot with my own MD.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Cheers Ricardo, your a lifesaver

Advertisement