Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Episode 1

• 09-12-2002 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Did anyone actually like this?? I know it had a lot of commercial appeal, but is wasn't even a patch on the originals!!!
    I found Ewan Mc Gregor terribly irritating! I also couldn't stand Anakin! (can't remember who played him)
    Chewbacca must be spinning in his grave (yes, he is dead)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

I was lucky enough to be in New York when it launched. I didn't think it was that bad, I guess it all depends what you were expecting. I found Ewan to be one of the better actors in the movie, didn't irritate me at all. Thought he did a very good impersonation of Alec Guinness. The dialogue in the movie was wooden but if you look back at the original 3 they weren't much better.

Jake LLoyd (who played Anakin) was a bit annoying, but he's only a kid and I doubt many others of his age would have been better. In fact, if you look at the DVD extras it shows some of the kids that read for the part and they were even worse.

The guy who played Chewbacca is not dead, at least according to IMDB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

I was ac tually reffering to the character Chewbacca, he gets killed off in the books!
    Has anyone ever read any of the books? They're quite good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

I think, in real terms, they're probably all dead, seeing as the star wars saga happened 'A Long Time Ago'!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 King of Arrakis

Yeah i've read the books! I think they're really good! You can get the main story lines off starwars.com! look in the databank section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I read one or two of the books. Thought they were rubbish. Have heard similar things from pretty much everyone else who has ever read them (except the uber geeks).

A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

actually some of them were really good. in particular shadows of the empire-probably cause it was the only one to feature darth vader as a proper character.the corellian trilogy and darksaber were particulary good

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Darksaber was cack.

I read the Zahn trilogy which was very good, and a couple of other books by Kevin J. Anderson and others, which were shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

i really dont no y but i havent seen it yet and i love star wars i dont no wats wrong with me!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Starwars books? Are the films written directly around these books?? Like lord of the rings?

I dont no never taut of it mayb bcoz
    i dont like books so i dont no!

• Advertisement

Nah they're not, they're set after the books! To clear things up a bit!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 morpheus69

all star wars film have some appeal.different things are liked by different people even if its sumting small like how cool liam neeson looked in that long cloak.to a true star wars fan the more of these films there are the better it is whether its theyre best film or theyre worst

I still stand by my decision that it was disappointing and too americanised!

wat about darth maul! he was barely in the dam film! i was quite dissappointed with dat!

Yeah great point, he was one of the strongest charecters!!! We want more Darth Maul!!!

you see all these adverts with darth maul in them and u think hey dis evil guy looks cool! then u watch it and if u blink ull miss him and never to be seen again!!!!

Yeah i know, real pity! Lets all agree the film was poor!

Originally posted by kingconor
    Yeah i know, real pity! Lets all agree the film was poor!

poor is the best word! it wasnt crap just poor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 morpheus69

i think that the other films set such high standards that eposode 1 diddnt seem as good in comparison.but hey, its not crap.darth maul should have been in it much more alright,i feel a little cheated by that.and whats the deal with liam neeson,does he die in every film he's in?i can name 4offhand.qui-gon-gin is a legend though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I liked it, and the films worth watching for the pod race alone, which was one of the best race sequences ever imo. The story is a bit twee, but since when has Star Wars been about the story?

Kingconor found Ewan and Anakin annoying? Eh, JarJar Binks? Hello?

• Advertisement

The Pod race was good, but, the game! After the first 6 tracks i got soo fed up with it!!!

aw yea the pod race! pretty kewl! never played the game though didnt look very good to me plus it aint my time of game!

You're not missing much! Anyone else noticed that GreenHell doesn't post much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

I have noticed that also...even though i never post here!!

KINGCONOR FOR *NEW* MOD!!

Now now, i don't deserve such praise! I'm not trying to get rid of him!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 King of Arrakis

Leave GreenHell alone, he's cool!

Advertisement