Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dune

Options
  • 09-12-2002 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Anyone like Dune?
    I feel its the one of the best sci fi films of all time!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I've only seen the sci-fi channel mini-series, it's deadly

can't wait for childrean of dune to come out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Seen the film a few times havn't seen the miniseries... best sci-fi ever? nah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

yea i love dune have read all the books and saw the vids, didnt see the mini series though. cant wait for the next installment!!

Dickie

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

I thought the film was quite good and very mmm interesting in how it was put together, but then considering the director it would have to be. Unfortunately it left a lot of the book out which did disappoint me as it is still one of my favourite books. Did they rectify this in the mini-seried or did they stray further from the book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 King of Arrakis

I bought Dune on video, for a fiver (that's sterling) which has to be a pretty good bargain by anyone's standard!!!
    Has anyone seen the directors cut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I have the film and read the books and thought they were great. I rented the series and that was great also. I couldent say which was better, film or series. They both did things well that the other dident do. Hope the make more of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Yeah! You're right there can be extremly boring parts of L.O.T.R!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Kwizatz Anorak

The film, is the best ever obviously but I heard last year that the original film was about 6 hours long and the editor not only edited the film but threw out and destroyed all the parts that didn't make it into the film!!! WHY??? I mean, that's just sacralige.

I've read all the books, they are also the best ever.. My favorite is Heretics, TEG is just one of the best characters I have ever heard of, it's well worth a read (but all of them are).

I bought the directors cut of Dune the mini series on R1. Id rented part one out before and found that it was awful boring at times. The uncut version doesnt seem half as boring. Well worth buying if youve got a multi region DVD player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Vladivar

I got the DVD of it and its the full version and the version you see i so much better with all
    the other crap taken out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 King of Arrakis

Cool!! Anyone got any good dune websites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Children of the Dune, the follow up to Dune the Mini-Series is starting next march on Sci-Fi

There's trailers up for it. Also interviews with the cast

Haveto say, it looks like it's gonna be good, heres the webby:

http://www.scifi.com/dune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Kwizatz Anorak

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.......
    I can't wait that long now that I know it's going to happen. Why did I have to find out so far before the event, Damn this prescience, it's a curse I tell you :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Good film alright :)

Haven't read the books, might pick them up second hand in galway for cheap.....

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Not completly true to the novvel but a great film nonetheless. Really got the whole Harkonnen nastiness across perfectly.

God bless David Lynch!

Originally posted by Kwizatz Anorak
    Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.......
    I can't wait that long now that I know it's going to happen. Why did I have to find out so far before the event, Damn this prescience, it's a curse I tell you :eek:

I know the feeling :D

Advertisement