Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas shoppers.

Options
  • 09-12-2002 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

Probably the single most annoying thing ever is Christmas shoppers. I mean town is bad enough but when it comes Christmas time there are so many people in town it's just not funny.
    It wouldnt be a problem if people would just walk properly but no, half of them are thick. They walk as slow as possible and randomly stop in the middle of the street/path. I dont know how many times I've come close to walking into people because they suddenly decide to stop in front of me.
    And then you get the ones that walk on your heels. You cant walk faster because you are stuck behind the slow people and then you get the dozy people behind you that walk straight into you.
    Women are the main culprits. Off in their own little fantasy land and not paying attention. Swinging their shopping bags side to side when there is already no space on the path and half the time forcing you out onto the road.
    Grafton St. is the worst. It's completely jammers. Sometimes I just feel like punching people. Actually I notice I get into a really bad mood when I'm in town just beacause people are so oblivious to anything but themselves.
    Oh and then you get the people that wont move. They pick a line and hold it, meaning they will walk into you if you are in their way. These people are the worst. I mean why do they have to smack into you while walking past?
    Muppets the lot of them.

A lot of crap there. Rant off. Anyway I think this board needs a new topic to complain about.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

couldnt agree more, i work in the city and go over for lunch alot of the time over at o'connell street or talbot street (ifsc is just to expensive :( ), had to go over to henry street last week a couple of times, and i got the same urge to punch most of the people, just so oblivious to the world around them..... really ticks me off.

What has always pissed me off though is women with prams, fair play they have kids for christ sake, but they expect EVERYONE to get out of there direct line, and dont get me wrong mosta the time i do, but a good few women have basically almost rammed there pram into me which because of the christmas shoppers i couldnt really move left or right so she basically just got 2 secs away from ramming my shins before i said "well sorry i cant exactly move", ive never seen such an evil glare in my life :rolleyes:

felt like smacking her in the face tbh, and these people who you try your best to be courteous and move outta the way yet they still feel the need to try to ram past you when the streets are jammers, i mean get a grip of fu**ing reality people! ;)

i stick with the women in prams for my rant though, does this annoy anyone else ?

these women who also carry about 40 kids on/around there bodies also ticks me off (predominately black women ive seen doing this but i dont want to come across as racist as im not like that...)

/me points these people to the pharmacy for "safe sex" :rolleyes:

And i also heard how much these people get off welfare, is it any wonder that they arent looking for frickin jobs when they get that amount for each child etc ?! (cant remember exact figures but was chatting away to some taxi driver about it on friday on way to me work christmas party, was scandalous all the same..)

hmm that'll do it for now i think :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Women are the main culprits. Off in their own little fantasy land and not paying attention

women drivers are just as bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

They walk as slow as possible and randomly stop in the middle of the street/path. I dont know how many times I've come close to walking into people because they suddenly decide to stop in front of me.

oh for a big electric cattle prod a la Monty Burnes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Originally posted by ando
    women drivers are just as bad!
    Women are the main culprits. Off in their own little fantasy land and not paying attention

Women have smaller brains too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

God I hate women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

You'll grow out of that when you get to your teens ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Oh and then you get the people that wont move. They pick a line and hold it, meaning they will walk into you if you are in their way. These people are the worst. I mean why do they have to smack into you while walking past?

I know the feeling about the type of people above, I dont mind walking around people and giving way to people in doorways and things like that, but you can easily spot the people who walk in one line and expect everyone to get out of their way..

So when i see someone like that coming I just do as they do.. walk in a straight line and dont give any indication of moving to one side, if I feel they are going to bump into me, I kinda brace for impact, give a little push and knock them aside.. :D

kinda rude i know, but hey, it works, when you look back after that happening, they are usually kinda a bit shaken and then are more willing to give way to others...

funny enough its usually people who are small or short that do that and those that are tall and broad are more inclined to move outta peoples way as they are more used to bumping into people accidentally and due to their size knock em flying.. so as a result kinda tread carefully when it comes to large crowds of people...

Thats my two cents on the subject anyway.. :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They walk as slow as possible and randomly stop in the middle of the street/path. I dont know how many times I've come close to walking into people because they suddenly decide to stop in front of me.

Imagine. Stopping in a street. Damn them all to hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

And those bloody people that seem to enjoy poking yer eyes out with their umbrellas. Bastards.

Oh and then you get the people that wont move. They pick a line and hold it

the worst are executive-management type both males & females (the females are a bit worse if anything) - seem to believe the whole world should step out of their way - I won't.

I'm reasonably broad-shouldered & "well upholstered" and they will walk into and just bounce off me ha ha ha !!! I enjoy shouldering them into the gutter - biatches!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Gordon
    And those bloody people that seem to enjoy poking yer eyes out with their umbrellas. Bastards.

I hate those bstrds, i'm 6ft5 maybe 6 and probability tells me by 2004 i'll be missing at least one eye. The main culprits are the oap's and women in theirs 20's, once they have nearly taken my eye out, they look up at me as if its my fault and usually mumble something incoherently at me.

The reason being.........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Well I was told today that I'm bitter and twisted so I guess you can ignore everything I said. :)

As for umbrellas, I've been cut under the eye by them, about half an inch higher and it would have been in the eye. Idiots. 5ft tall people forget that people are bigger than them so they keep the umbrellas nice and low and hit taller people with them. But I'm bitter and twisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Well I was told today that I'm bitter and twisted so I guess you can ignore everything I said. :)

As for umbrellas, I've been cut under the eye by them, about half an inch higher and it would have been in the eye. Idiots. 5ft tall people forget that people are bigger than them so they keep the umbrellas nice and low and hit taller people with them. But I'm bitter and twisted.

ah now in fairness

i must write in and defend my people (short women in their 20's)
    its not my fault im so short and there is absolutely no point in holdiing an umbrella up a few feet over my head where the rain that gets blown sideways can soak me. and if we see a tall person coming, chances are if we raise our umbrella's up to accomodate them we'll take their eye's out anyway, coz we cant do it in super quick motion. so just watch out for us and duck/sidestep etc. etc.

been hit with multiple brollys in the past few weeks due to complete numbskulls who just dont look where theyre going/away in another world..

really bothers me and i must agree 95% of the time it is women star gazing into shop windows or the like :mad:

and sorry drowner but that excuse just dosent add up as to why people want to take my eyes out with there brollys :p

would you rather

a) life your brolly up for half a second and maybe get a dribble of rain on you thats blowing sideways or

b) have no common decency and take some guys eyes out :rolleyes:

i hope you choose b from now on :p

i always chose b
    the day just isnt worth getting out of bed for unless i injure some poor unsuspecting fecker who's taller than me

if some woman is just stargazing into a shop window, surely the umbrella is stationary and surely its your own fault for walking into it????

i will not accept responsibility for this umbrella thingy!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by thedrowner
    if some woman is just stargazing into a shop window, surely the umbrella is stationary and surely its your own fault for walking into it????

No, they're walking really slowly, veering from side to side just enough to stay completely in your way. Umbrellas should be banned from the city centre at all times. I hate umbrellas, never use them, yet women in town whip them out as soon as they feel a tiny little splash. It's Ireland ffs, surely you can handle an itty-bitty drop of rain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Women are pretty bad brelly users to be honest, Men can be too. I have seen women bring umbrellas into spaces not wide enough for an umbrella and then they end up knocking the brolly against the sides and the metal spikes stab people - usually around the face area.

If someone is stationary with an umbrella it isn't a problem. When they turn sharply without looking behind or ahead even - with a brolly at head height - they should be shot.

I hate bad umbrella users with a passion. It is this inconsideration that can cause blindness and I am amazed I haven't heard of umbrella-blindness yet (brellindness).

I have an idea for a safe umbrella actually if someone wants to make it for me and give me loads of dosh.

ah come on-im usually of the same opinion but lately the weather's been awful and its not just a light splash of rain its water that soaks your trousers right up to the knee, and waterlogs your shoes and youve got to spend the night in work walking around in that state

ive been cycling to work for the past 6 weeks or so, and i have to cycle in that rain :o

best bet is just to put your workgear in a backpack (inside a plastic bag to just incase) and get changed once your in there :)

that is if you work in a office like me, if you work outside then unlucky :p
    No, they're walking really slowly, veering from side to side just enough to stay completely in your way. Umbrellas should be banned from the city centre at all times. I hate umbrellas, never use them, yet women in town whip them out as soon as they feel a tiny little splash. It's Ireland ffs, surely you can handle an itty-bitty drop of rain!!

couldnt agree more.., and when i said theyre star gazing into windows i meant they are oblivious to all the people around them, hence day dreaming. ( "its all fun and games till somone loses an eye" :rolleyes:)
    If someone is stationary with an umbrella it isn't a problem. When they turn sharply without looking behind or ahead even - with a brolly at head height - they should be shot.

again couldnt agree more, its these people that really p*ss me off, and i sometimes turn back round to tell them to watch where the hell theyre going...

Those midget kamikazes are getting on my nerves too, i was head butted in the nads today by some small person(hobbit). The small people in general appear to be on a mission to reek revenge on us slightly taller folk and will not shift direction, but rather walk into you. A little courtesy would be much appreciated.

Dont get me started on the prams, some bitch cut all my leg with her fukn pram today and then roars back at me "sorry love", i felt like kneeing her child in the head *BANG* to show her the possible dangers of ramming prams into people without watching were you are pushing the blasted thing.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by thedrowner
    ah come on-im usually of the same opinion but lately the weather's been awful and its not just a light splash of rain its water that soaks your trousers right up to the knee, and waterlogs your shoes and youve got to spend the night in work walking around in that state

How is an umbrella gonna prevent your shoes being waterlogged? And surely if it soaks you up to the knee then you are working from the knee down, how is an umbrella gonna keep this area dry?
    Umbrellas suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

CHRIST I HATE BROLLIES! I was stuck waiting for a bus for over an hour in the pissing rain and the queue was fecking full of the b@stards! especially short old women! And you couldn't see the traffic and you had to duck and GRR <and i'm not even that tall>! AND WHY DO SOME OF THEM HAVE TO BE SO FECKING WIDE?!

Here's my advice to all you prattling fools who insist that umbrellas are all important cause they keep you dry: GET A FÚCKING HAT!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

if i get soaked in the rain im ****ed and so is everyone around me coz my hair is way too long so its for youre own good i use my umbrella ;)

anyway, i was nice today (well....actually i just lost my big annoying umbrella) and used a small little compact one thats easy to swish out of people's way

if i get soaked in the rain im ****ed and so is everyone around me coz my hair is way too long so its for youre own good i use my umbrella

I was shopping for a new winter coat a couple of months ago and I noticed they have a very useful feature which I believe renders umbrellas a thing of the past!!!! I believe its called a "hood" and I think they have had them in mad foreign places like America and Strasbourg for the past few years.

This new "hood" technology is a flap of water-resistant cloth attached to the back of the neck region of the coat. Normally it just hangs down the back but in wet weather it can be extended to cover the head-hair area and keep it dry.

Testing of this new technology has shown it to be as safe as and more usable than a "hat" and safer than the traditional umbrella. In field trials the new "hoods" were found to cause 99.9999% fewer eye-poking accidents than umbrellas

for me, hoods are useless! umbrella's are the only thing that work in keeping my hair dry. and a water resistant coat with hood is not going to be budgeted for this christmas. the umbrella protects more! this is a silly argument!

How does an umbrella shield you more from the rain(what with the rains ability to drench you from all directions north, east, west and arseways) in comparison with a zipped up coat and hood pulled over your head. If that aint enough wear a balaclava too to protect your precious little feminine features. Stop bitchin about woman and be a man for once in your life.

Actually I havent got a hood on either of my coats.

my opinion!!!!! and until the day i do hurt someone else with my umbrella it'll continue to be so...

Advertisement