Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old NWA TV

• 09-12-2002 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey, first post here but i've been following wrestling for the last 15 years. On the net scene for about 4.

Just a quick question. I was sitting in the Oval pub on O'Connell st. last thursday at about 7 they showed old NWA tv which im guessing is from the late 80's as they had tommy rich and some jobber on. Then there was sting and flair promo's. I couldnt believe it as i didnt know there was a channel showing this. I asked what station it was but thre bar girl didnt know. Anyone able to enlighten me.

Also went to WWA fun but nothing special. Nice to see Sting though even if seeing bret last year was a lot cooler.

Didnt get to go to IWW but am defo heading next time.

Also anyone know anywhere in Dublin where you can get some good tapes. I've most WWF **** from the last 10 years or so but would love to get my hand on some NWA shows or ECW from the mid 90's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Hi, welcome to the board. Youll pick up some WCW tapes in Templecom on the Quays, and they have some ECW in HMV on grafton street, and the prices are after going down on the DVD's so thats good news, i think they are between 30-35 Euros now. and theyve got a lot of new stock in.
    the old NWA/WCW stuff is being shown on Sky Sports once or twice a week, Sky doesnt know its not wwf (lol) because they are the tapes WWE aquired when they bought wcw ,so sky is just running off the tapes WWE gave em. its fantastic stuff:) If you are looking for old NWA or even new NWA (TNA/Wildside) check out www.simania.co.uk he provides a great service and your tapes will be in your door in a week.
    WWA was crap i thought, as was the NWA show in bray last night:rolleyes: you really should come and check out the next IwW shows;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 kenner

Well i havent been to any shows other than the 2 WWA and i wasnt going expecting to be wowed by the wrestling just for a laugh and i got that.

I knew about those two places but i was hoping there might be a store down some backalley i missed. Chapters was great for a while back there and i picked up about 15 vids at really cheap prices. Dont usually like buying stuff on the net.

Any more info on what time the NWA stuff is on Sky? I remember years ago there was NWA on Eurosport which was cool. They showed the whole Garvin championship erea crap.

Also is there like a group type thing for wrestling fans to meet up and **** like that? I know that there are some wrestling societies in some of the colleges and was wondering if there are people out there who do it outside college.

Most of my mates(bar one) either hate wrestling or are marks. And tho i've got no problem with marks, it's be nice to find a few more people who know their ****.

Advertisement