Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3000 Euro!! Is this Going Overboard?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Delivery for komplett will be €150(and I was wrong, the komplett price is excl vat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭Patman

Note that the motherboard listed on Komplett's list is not necessary to include as it is already included in the upgrade kit.

Marky Mark; if you'd like to get this from Komplett; let me know and I'll give you an even better price on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Marky Mark

Thanks for that patman, didn't realize there was a komplett section here :) the motherboard there is the one included in the kit.

I think im going for the elara one though, they are upgrading me to the A7N8V and delivery is free....woohoo, and the guy was saying something about using OCZ memory, is that good? I suppose they are an Irish company as well :D

thanks alot for all the input guys, just saved myself 400 euro!!

I know this a stupid reason but i kinda prefer the case as well:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭Patman

Well, at least now you know we're around! :) And congratulations on your new PC btw! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Id build such a mega machine with 3k ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

techseekers.net have a review of ocz memory its not bad stuff better than the generic if you want faster timings or are overclocking

OK I've finally made my order with Elara, and this is what im getting :D

Antec PLUS660AMG
    Antec True Power 330W
    ASUS A7N8X MBPC SA ATX 3xDDR ATA133 AUD LAN 6xUSB1
    AMD XP 2700+ Processor
    Iiyama 19" Monitor FST VM 1451
    OCZ 512Mb PC-3200 400Mhz CL2.5 Black Heatspreader 2T
    Western Digital Caviar 120GB IDE 7200RPM SE 8MB cache
    LG DVD drive 16x/48x
    Lite-On 48X12X48 CD-RW
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128Mb DDR +DVI + TV
    Creative Inspire 5100 5.1
    3.5" 1.44Mb Standard Floppy Drive
    Logitech Cordless Desktop Optical
    US Robotics 56k Internal FaxModem
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

2697.00 Incl VAT and Delivery

The techie in Elara thinks I should lower to an Athlon 2400+ and get a Sound Blaster audigy 2 Sound Card instead,for a total of 2685.33 Incl VAT and Delivery, he thinks the price for the 2700+ is too high at the moment, is it worth the swap?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

For most people the faster processor would be the better option.

Since your spending that much money (almost as much as me!) you should probably go for 1GB of ram.

Also that mouse is a no no if your going to be online gaming.

Windows XP Home is naff IMO. WIN2k or WINXP IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭halfab

If that motherboard is the A7N8X Deluxe then forget any extra audio cards.. the Deluxe has excellent onboard sound and will send any creative card running.. and if its the deluxe board it also has firewire ..

Audigy 2 would be a waste in my opinion..

If its not the deluxe board, then a downgrade to the 2400+ and get the Deluxe, it would be better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

The ASN8X Deluxe is a great board, the onboard 6 channel shound will give any sound card a run for its money :)

Advertisement