Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deftones - White Pony...

• 09-12-2002 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

What a fuppin' album. I've had it for ages but have only started listening to it properly over the last week or so. IMO it's their best album by far. Completley original material.

Great music, vocals, production.

Kudos to the Deftones, they are easily one of the best bands spawned from the sh!tpile (in general) that is nu-metal.

Opinions......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

have to agree with you here.
    i too love the deftones. the white pony is a brilliant album. i really like around the fur too though. not too keen on the first album, just coz i don't know it as well as the others.
    anyhoo, yep, they are deffinately one of my favourite bands.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

as far as nu-metal goes, they are one of the best bands out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I got this when it came out.
    Wasn't impressed at all with it.

But definetly not as bad as 99% of nu-metal out there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Its an ok album. Does anyone have the special edition black version of it? Its the same as the normal white version cept it comes in a leet black plastic case with a bit o' paper with a mad long number on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea I got the black version... what was the number about?

Up the Ballyar? What course you doing? :]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

yup, deftones one of my no.1 bands!

the black and the red special edition ones were the same ye? the number was one out 200,000 or something like that. they were made before the release of back to school (which one of the worst deftones songs imo)

would disagree that white pony was there best album, for me adrenaline closly followed by around the fur. any of you who think the deftones arent heavy listen to adrenaline, such an amazing album, probably my favourite album.

i heard somewhere that the next album, "lovers", is goin back to the old stuff, but i dont see that being very likley with Frank Delgado as a permanent member with those turntables...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by nesthead
    the black and the red special edition ones were the same ye? the number was one out 200,000 or something like that.

Wow, only 200,000? That's really rare, man. Really puts to shame my Dark Funeral - Diabolis Interium, leather bound digipak limited to 2000 copies... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

great album - got the black one when it first came out. To be honest, I've loved this band since hearing Bored so so many years ago,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Paleface

White Pony is a class album. Passenger(feat Maynard Keenan from Tool) and Change in the House of Flies are both excellent songs. Been an avid fan of the Deftones ever since I heard My Own Summer(Shove It). What a heavy riff.

However I thought Back to School was crap. Far too commercial imo. I fear that their soon to be released new album could be more of the same. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea the Back to School song and, especially, video are cringeworthy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Remember coming acroos a guy once who said White pony wasn't a patch on Around the Fur....

I had to lamp the ejjit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Pretty cool album alright. Got it after I bought the Matrix soundtrack an heard My Own Summer(shove it). My one is the enhanced version with Deftones Pacman on it...... hillarious! Got thrown out of the library for playing it!:confused:

Advertisement