Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Send sms TO any Irish Mobile FROM any Irish Mobile

Options
  • 09-12-2002 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Er ... I didn't know if this was the right place or Wireless ... I decided here, but admins feel free to move it if you want to....

The people in vhihealthe.com have a members only SMS alerts area (I saw it last night, but forgot me login information, so I cant post a link :( )that allows you to send an sms to any 085, 086 or 087 number, but YOU put in the number to show up where it came from ... you could have a lot of fun with this ... and of course cause loads of problems as well ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

ya crafty eejit! But seriously, it would still be tracked especially if you have to be a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

it would still be tracked especially if you have to be a member.
    They are almost certainly tracked alright ... they'd want to be lunatics to let the sort of resource be used without any logs ....
    The thing is though, if you received an sms from someone using this service there is no indication of where it came from apart from the 'sent from' number .... so if you set the number anything you liked, they would not suspect it ... unless of course they had checked this thread and were expecting it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

you can send free sms's from Icq iswell, and you can obviously be nameless... muahahahahaha, whats my ex's mobile number again :cool:

Advertisement