Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Digital STB

• 09-12-2002 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I have just signed up for Sky Digital. I know a few people have been offered a choice of STB's by the installer even though you are just supposed to be given one without a choice. If I happen to be given a choice which is better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Panasonic!!!!!!!!
    Regards JD!!!! Belgium!!!!!!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Mod edit: Oooh I love editing a pointless rant and an attack on a fellow poster.

jdempsey, you've been warned. Keep it on topic.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yea, i'd also say go for the Panasonic if given the choice. By far the most reliable.

BTW, welcome to ICDG! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Cheers for the advice, and welcomes guys. I might ring the installer ahead of time and see if he can hook me up with the Panasonic, cant hurt to make a call.

I was amazed to find Sky so helpful, even telling me that I could take advantage of the €37.50 install charge by taking Sky World for the first month then ditching it and just retianing the Family Pack and Filmfour, good service so far.

But what was even better was being able to phone NTL and telling them to switch off my cable hehehehe I hate NTL, took me a week to get them to come out to reconnect my cable after they cut me off by mistake. When I moved in I had my account transferred, but the previous owner left their account active. NTL cut off their account by disconnecting the house but every time I rang they looked up my account which they said was fine. GURRR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've a Panasonic DSB-31 and I'm very happy with it.

My father got Sky in just before me (actually his getting it in finally convinced me to tell Chorus to get lost (like you I felt great that day)) - he got a Grundig. I find the Panasonic far better - no problems with teletext like all Grundigs seem to have (there's an old thread around here somewhere on that topic) and the on screen display is much faster on the Panasonic as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement