Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hangover Music!

Options
  • 09-12-2002 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

We all know the feeling (Well...most of us do!) Rolling over in the bed in the morning/afternoon. Everything you did the night before is a complete blur. You lie in bed, just within reach of the CD player, you need a soundtrack to help you collect all your memories from the night before; who you insulted, what exactly you were drinking, how did my jeans make it to the top of the telegraph pole outside my house, why coke tastes so damn good?

So I'm in the process of making a CD for myself, entitled "The Best Hangover Album In The World Ever!"

Anyway, at the moment I have only a few songs together (although not in any particular order. I will probably arrange them after I have a full CD's worth) The songs themselves don't necessarily need to have any link with drink, going out, hangover etc.

So far it looks a bit like this...

The Beatles:- Here Comes The Sun
    The Kinks:- Waterloo Sunset
    Lou Reed:- Perfect Day
    Paul Weller:- A Brand New Start
    Led Zeppelin:- Thank You
    Lynyrd Skynyrd:- Tuesday's Gone
    Rolling Stones:- Wild Horses
    Kris Kristofferson:- Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down (One of my Dads favourites, great song, suits the mood, fantastic lyrics )

So, if anyone has any ideas then let me know! Basically, "Songs for the fragile generation!" *groan*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

err dunno quite what your trying to put together in terms of sound.. but some random non-involving tracks:

slowdive - alison
    yo la tengo - you can have it all
    spacemen 3 - hypnotized
    smog - bloodflow
    the falcon project - soul divider
    dinosaur jr - feel the pain
    bonobo - sleepy seven
    gorkys zygotic mynci - face like summer
    fugazi - waiting room
    oooh and bruce springsteen - dancing in the dark

and even better lee marvin - i was born under a wandering star.. only person with a bigger alcohol problem would be shane mcgowan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Well in terms of sound it's just stuff that's not gonna tear your head off. Just fairly easy goin' music but without going all soft as a fresh shíte on things.

God I wish I could explain things better :rolleyes: (it made sense in MY head!!)

For example you could have Metallica's "Bleeding Me" but you wouldn't have "Battery"

Music to ease you through the tender parts of your hangover. Jesus it sounds like a friggin' ad campaign!! :)

Thought of a few more:

Mundy:- Mexico
    Blink 182:- Adam's Song

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Anything by the Boards of Canada, the Stone's "Sister Morphine", and the Clash - "Straight to Hell".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

kris kristofferson - sunday mornin comin down, cool song
    metallica + corrosion of conformity - tuesdays gone (actaully alot of stuff from that session)
    the doors - the end....classic stuff, lie there and feel sorry for urself as the 10mins of weird guitar sounds dig out more and more horrify memories from the nite before hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the whole of the 18 album by Moby does it for me. sometimes Chemical Brothers - Surrender when i want a change. both are great for easy listening when nursing a sore head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Nirvana's Unplugged Session. Through in Pearl Jam's Unplugged Session too. Ah heck, through in all of Nirvana and PJ's stuff - it's as hard or soft as you want (need) it to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

La Femme D'Argent by Air is always good for that. And so is Music for the Jilted Generation by the Prodigy, and the Manics' Everything Must Go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

Billy Joel - Pianoman
    Semisonic - Closing Time

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Chemical Brothers - Exit Planet Dust (album)
    Chemical Brothers - Surrender (album)
    Leftfield - Leftism (album)
    Nirvana - Something in the Way
    Nirvana - In Utero album
    Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
    Metallica - That bass solo that I can't remember the name of!

Or depending on mood, Metallica's cover, So What, on Garage Inc! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Air - Moon Safari
    Pheonix - United

These albums bot have magical effects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Alice In Chains are always good.

You hear on your hi-fi what you hear in your head...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

id suggest
    led zeppelin - stairway to heaven
    just about anything from lamb, portishead, or the reindeer section. :)

Advertisement