Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dog just died :(

• 09-12-2002 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭

Found the poor fella over in his kennel...had him since i was eight...:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

sorry to hear that. Know how you feel. Had to get two dogs put down in the last 3 years. Very Unlucky. One had cancer and the other went mental. Really really sorry.
    gonk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like he had a good run at it, how old was he? I hope he had a happy life and a quick passing at the end.

My advice.. stick a recent photo of him in a frame, place it somewhere good so you won't forget him, and then after a period go get another one.

This is not to diminish his memory, but more to ensure that you can give the same happy life/home etc. to another dog who needs it.

Once a dog owner.. always a dog owner.

c0y0te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ah, really sorry to hear that :-(

I agree with c0y0te though, maybe make a little collage of little pictures. Don't rush into getting a new dog straight away, but you probably will want to get one after a while. As the man said, "Once a dog owner.. always a dog owner".

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I wish to offer my condolence.
    It's very tough, I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sorry to hear that SheroN. Hope you get over it, it's a difficult thing to be in. :(

Post up a picture mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Aww man!

Genuinely sorry to hear that. I've never owned a dog, but I was choked up when my cat died (and I know that a dog is much more of a pet).

Condolences bud.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

:( Sorry to hear, Hope you look at the goodtimes you spent with him and smile

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Extremely sorry to hear about your loss Sheron.Just keep those good memories that you have of it.
    Dont be too hasty in getting another dog yet.
    Wait till you feel that you are ready.
    Richie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

sorry also. my dog died this year, and i was cut up over it. it passes, but it's awful when it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

So sorry to hear about that. It's not easy at all. It's one of the things that I've seen make the biggest, toughest people cry. It comes down to the fact htat a dog is more than just a "pet", they are companions, nearly one of us (least that's what they think) and losing them is like losing a best friend.
    Sadly I think I'll be joining you soon in mourning. My poor old madra aint the best lately. She's slowin up fierce, has started limping, thinks twice about lying down in a hurry and has lumps appearing all over the place. We reckon the poor thing is riddled with cancer. What makes it worse is she was born and raised in our house. Also I was the one who picked her out, or rather she picked me. I don't know how I'll cope when the inevitable comes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement