Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic surgery?

• 09-12-2002 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Would you? Could you? Should you?

I could never do it but if you could what would you change or what have you had changed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Some people would call me a little bit good looking so I am a tad vain. So because of that beacuse of my massive beer drinking my chin is hagging its not too bad now but if if got bad id have a chin tuck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Nope.
    I'm happy enough at the moment, woulnd't mind getting a bit fitter and toning up a bit, but I'm content with myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yeah I'd do it no tomorrow give the chance. Few nips and tucks and a bit removed here and there. Why not improve given the chance and oppurtunity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

i look like a pregnant seal, so yeah, id get rid of the tummy, and my enormous hips and maybe id be able to see my waist again. maybe id remove the fat bits from above my boobs, just under my arms. eww thats so gross. ooh! id completely reduce my wibbly thighs. and id make my little boob a bit bigger.

.......actually, just trade my body for Selma Hayeks or Angelina Jolies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i agree with what SyxPak said.

i'd like to be slightly fitter (quite fit already) but i'd really like to tone up my body.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Couldn't do it. I may not be attractive, but thats the way I am and i wouldn't feel like ME if i changed myself. Besides knowing my luck they'd probably fuck it up and leave me with 2 noses or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Possibly my nose.
    I dont like it.

And maybe I'd also get an extra pair of arms while I'm at it.
    Oooh, and a tail! Definetly a tail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

I would consider it but perhaps not in this country. Its more acceptable in countries abroad, I know if I told my mates I was gettin' plastic surgery, first they'd wet them selves laughing and then try and beat some sense into me....(Do you know how many pints you could buy with that!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

A friend of mine was beaten up a few years ago, pretty badly, in the UK, and he had reconstructive surgery on his nose. Everyytime he looks at himself in photos, he thinks "that's not my nose".

I think, for me, that'd be wierd, so I'll say no, unless, heaven forbid I'd ever need reconstructive surgery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

A friend of mine was savaged by a dog as a child and needed some of her face reconstructed with plastic surgery.

Under circumstances like that, I'd get it done (of course)... but, while I may not be the most attractive fellah in the world, I'd not be bothered with it for any other purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

The only reason for it would be after a severe accident! These people who change their nose a little and other crap like that have eh issues i think! Most of the time they are already fantastic looking! Just not satisfied with that they have.

Look at Pam Anderson, she went from fantastic looking to a fantastic freak! I find her completely unatractive but the before pictures are much better i thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Definitely not. I often wonder about what goes through peoples heads that they want to nip a bit off the nose and some off the ear and maybe ump the tits- have they nothing else to worry about? Mind you, when you're as good looking as I am it really doesnt make sense to go under the knife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I wouldn't why tamper with Perfection :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

And the number one reason plastic surgery is for muppets...

eh:

freak_michael_jackson_06.jpg

freak_michael_jackson_09.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

What I was talking about wouldnt be changing your look at all more just rturning you to the way you looked before :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i coudlnt do it either, unless i had an awful accident.

if i had no issues with it and i was rich id be in getting liposuction done ever week tho ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

if id do anything it's thicken it up a bit..ya know it's already as thick as a baby's arm.ya know they love the girth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

If i had a different nose and ears i could be a model. Some days i like my nose, some days i hate it so i could be tempted but the reaction i'd get from friends/family/acquaintances after the initial operation i would find extremely hard to handle, especially with all the swelling and what have you for some weeks afterwards. So that would most likely put me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

liposuction is as far as i'd go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Only in the case of an accident. It's pure vanity otherwise. You should be happy with what you got - in the long run, you'll lose your looks anyway - personality is with you for life. I knlw a few good looking ppl who are considering surgery who should consider personality enhancements first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Durden

Would I have plastic surgury... No. Actually, just the thought of having someone cut out bits of you and stick stuff in uder your skin in other bits... uhhgg *little shiver of distaste* even after a car accident or something... I like my scars, I kinda wish some stuff had scarred, noticably anyway...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I use to think I would have liposuction or gastrointestinal surgery dun to lose a few pounds,but I can do that myself, why go through the pain, man I watched how they did it on discovery, no way!
    I like being natural...I wouldnt want to change @me@ into something that isnt me, ya know ;)
    I dont do the fake nails, makeup(excluding lipstick), or colored hair bit, I like me the way I am ;)
    The world would be a better place if everyone were happy with themselves I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Tbh anyone who says they honestly wouldn't have surgery is fibbing, if i offered you the chance to change your slightly bent nose for free, no pain, that it will be 100%successful with no cock ups or scarring. Most of you would jump at the chance, i know that i certainly would. Its just the actual process, cost and general feeling in ireland, thats its wrong and unnatural compared to other countries where its considered the norm.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Or having your langer made longer, with no cock-ups... er, scratch that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Durden

Cesear, I ACTUALLY WOULDN'T. Its not cause I love the way I look, (I don't mind it, but I admit I'm not really much of a prize-winner) its just I don't like the idea of people messing around with my body... I sometimes don't even like the idea of a little painkiller... oh and I despise needles... But the one thing I would never ever ever ever do even if I was paid is get a Botox injection... giving myself botulism is not my idea of a good time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

I'm sorry but surgery of any form, terrifies me and whilst yes there are things I would like to change. I have excess fat around my waist and arms, this I can do something about, thats why I go to the gym. Have any of you heard of Cindy Jackson, she has had around 29 operations, so that she can look like a barbie doll and yes she looks fantastic, what happens when it starts to go, each year she needs maintenance operations, Work on the inner self and the beauty shines through.

Prior to her surgery she was pretty but she thought she was ugly, beauty is only a perception, however I think today there is far too much focus on our looks. I am quite comfortable in my own skin, I'll let it at that.

Advertisement