Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Performance Chipping...

Options
  • 10-12-2002 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Just after buying a BMW 325 TDS and want to get a performance chip for it in Ireland? hear that i can get upto 175bhp out of this baby :)

Anybody know anyone that does this over here, know afew places in GB that will do it for me, but havn't the time to travel over...

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Dunno about any place in Ireland doing them - you could try http://www.vdat.de - the German tuning industry association. They have a list of member websites, which may have a list of Irish agents.

Check with your insurer first though - they will probably increase your premium if you modify the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bo Duke

Martin Tracey in Westward engineering in Enfield Co.Meath. He has a rolling road and is the main importer of K&N induction kits and he does chips

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

Thanks Bo Duke, will have to check them out.

Can that rolling road do a dyno test i wonder?
    Just to prove the difference before and after the chip, I know that a company somewhere in Dublin does a Dyno test, but i can't remember who it was or where i saw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bo Duke

Yeah the rolling road will do a full dyno test from torque to bhp test.The power should jump I`d say from 143hp to 173hp.It will put about 8-10mph on your top end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Chico_2002

Originally posted by Bo Duke
    Martin Tracey in Westward engineering in Enfield Co.Meath. He has a rolling road and is the main importer of K&N induction kits and he does chips

Martin knows his stuff.

Give him a shout. I have dealt with him before and he has always given great advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

Thanks Lads for the help, it'll be interesting to see what difference the chip will do in the real world.

Hopefully it'll improve the torque curve as the power seems to be from about 2k rpm upwards... maybe that just's the turbo that gives that effect, but hopefully this'll improves with the chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Don't get caught up in all the hype. Chippin is a good way of gettin tons of torque and more power from a diesel but it is also asking the engine to behave in a way it wasn't designed for. In the long run you'll shorten the distance between services, shorton the life of certain parts and inevitabley shorten your engines life as well. Just sayin is all. Although your torque will go through the roof which'd be cool.

Advertisement