Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS.. limiting access (Nt4)

• 10-12-2002 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

Want to limit dial-in access to just off-peak for all users, however after looking around a bit I can't find any easy way of doing this bar RAS Manager (a hefty $495).
    I know I could just create a sole dial-in user with time limits on the account, but would prefer the normal user logins.
    Any other ideas would be handy, googles given me nothing :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Assuming your using NT4 sever, there are allowed times of logging in , in the user manager tool.
    Allow RAS permissions to a seperate userr account, which is limited to off peak times. Dsiable RAs on default user account
    Duplicate user permissions for the dial in account (assuming there not just accessing mail, but network resources).

Should do the trick

If you just copy the user account, and change the name from 'Philip' to 'Philip_home'
    or some easily understsnable change, your users shouldnt find it too hard toi comprehend.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BogoBot

Stop the RAS service with a batch file and schedule it to the times you require with 'AT'?

Bogobot.

Advertisement