Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Basic

Options
  • 10-12-2002 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭

I was wondering can I get some help of you as I am doing a project and I have 2 assignments and I am having trouble with the second.SO I am looking for some good scripts on Q baisic.
    Any help I appreciate

gob_smacked

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Could you be more specific with your question or are you just looking for someone to do your homework for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Well I am looking for some place for help with the project and I am not looking for you do do it for me. The project is aobut a currency converter and it has a password on it. You have 3 attemts on the password. I am using the read data statement .It works fine for the first attempt and the problem lies when I enter the correct information after the first attempt it does not let me go to the converter even though the user name and pass is correct. I also use the for and next statement and I get out of data after i enter a few incorrect usernames and passwords. No doubt this is easy for you but any help I appreciate

gob_smacked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

post some code maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by gob_smacked
    No doubt this is easy for you but any help I appreciate
    Not that easy - it's been seven or so years since I touched QBasic ;)

Still, from the requirements you've given, it appears to be a fairly basic application that makes use of very few commands/operators, so I'd break down the app like this:
    1. Loop three times using FOR... NEXT. Check for the password using INPUT and if correct break out of the loop (AFAIR you can do this with QBasic, otherwise use a variable to denote wheither the password's been given correctly and, using this as a flag, ignore subsequent INPUTs)
    2. Take in your currency values using INPUT again. Calculate the new value and then PRINT it to the buffer.
    Hope this helps.

Advertisement