Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieving Attachments Stripped by Exchange

Options
  • 10-12-2002 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I sent an attachment to someone and exchange stripped
    out the attachment believing mistakenly that it was infected
    with a virus.
    Anyone know how to recover the attachment from the exchange
    server?
    Thanks
    Air.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

A lot of companies use quarantine software.. so in that case.. either the person can ring up and annoy the admins to let the file through (which they're not likely to do) or just resend the attachment within an allowable extension type (.doc .ppt blah blah).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

the problem is that I've got no backup of the attachment.
    It was a project that had a lot of work gone into it & I'm
    wondering how to actually retrieve the stripped attachment
    from the server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BogoBot

It depends on the AV software running on the server. If its NA Groupshield then the process is fairly straightforward. (I presume its your server or you have admin rights to it?)

Open exchange admin, drill down to the server in question, one of the icons should be Network Associates Group Shield.
    The quarantine location should be listed and you can just pluck the file from there. If they are using a database (its more secure) then just click view.

Hope this helps.

BogoBot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Did your mail client take a copy of the attachment? ( i.e. in the sent items folder ).

Zab.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

If the colleague you sent to is using Outlook XP, it's the app that blocks the atachment. As a security feature OLXP blocks attachments like .exe, vbs, etc...

• Advertisement
Advertisement