Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone going to watch armageddon?

• 10-12-2002 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

TO be honest i usually find something in the WWE PPV's to get excited about but this is just pathetic. I really have absoloutly no intrest in seeing a 45 minute HBK-HHH match. Any idea where their gonna go with Benoit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Still dont know if ill bother watching the ppv, but i usually end up doing it anyway. havent watched a full wwe program in a long time so i havent a clue whats going on with benoit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 kenner

Well SD can be worth watching most of the time but it has some suck (i.e. Steph), Angle is a god though so its worth watching for that. Putting him up against the big show is just wrong though. Not even Kurt can salvage this one.

Any word on when the next IWW show is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

This is what is apparantly happening concerning WWE and Armageddon

A scene was taped with Torrie Wilson and Dawn Marie actually kissing - it may air at Armageddon (rumour from 1.wrestling.com)

Vince McMahon held a meeting last week and said Shock TV in the WWE is officially dead (which doesnt explain the rumour I stated above)

According to the Raw results last night, HBK vs HHH is now a "special match", I wont spoil it for you all, but lets just say if it was Benoi vs Angle in that match it would be a credible main event, with HBK and Trips, I have a feeling it will be hard to watch

WWE is wasting talent on RAW keeping Trips as champion, a lot of ill feeling backstage concerning HHH (however apparantly this was countered by the nuts he showed in continuing the match with his crushed throat, although he didnt do an awful lot for the most of the match, it must be said)

Rumours are they may push BPP like Lesnar, hard and fast over most of the roster (which sucks, as I have never been a big fan of BPP in the first place)

WWE still have to comment on the "shoot" interview done by Piper on the NWA-TNA PPV recently

The next IwW Shows are part of the March Madness tours and are in early march, details on the talent roster and venues are at
    www.irishwhipwrestling.com

:)

Originally posted by bombidol
    The next IwW Shows are part of the March Madness tours and are in early march, details on the talent roster and venues are at
    www.irishwhipwrestling.com

what a cheap plug and I see you fixed that new window opening issue I had with the site (wonder why :) )

• Advertisement

Well i did ask him!

I read the RAW spoilers and thats why i was saying a 45 minute HBK-HHH match doesnt do it for me. Now if that was Benoit-Angle you have your MOTY right there but HBK can barely walk and nobodys gives a rats ass about him anymore either. Expect a huge de-push for HHH in the next few months. They just cant ignore the ratings slide too much longer.

Booker is so over its not funny yet they keep jobbing him and goldust though i expect a title win on sunday for them. I want to know when Goldie became such a hard worker!

he became a hard worker

a) when WWE invinted him back from the Royal RUmble
    b) he saw how over he could be, by just trying hard

lol, i fixed that pop up news thing for purely selfish reasons, lol my pop up stopper kept closing it on me when i clicked on it. i am the master of the shameless iww plugs, :)

Originally posted by bombidol
    lol, i fixed that pop up news thing for purely selfish reasons, lol my pop up stopper kept closing it on me when i clicked on it. i am the master of the shameless iww plugs, :)

almost as bad as Mick Foley!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Jimmy Joe Joe

I reckon that ill end up watching most of the PPV, just out of habit. But usually there's something on the card that will grab my interest-but not this time; it looks like Suckageddon to me! Did I read somewhere that Kurt is carrying an injury? I really don’t see the point of putting the Big Show into a match with Angle at the minute anyway. Goldust, Booker, Christian & Jericho are the only reasons I would even consider watching Raw at the minute-yet none are being pushed meaningfully. The card so far for Armageddon.....

*****SPOILERS*****
    World Heavyweight Title Match
    2 out of 3 Falls (Street Fight, Cage Match, Ladder Match)
    Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H

WWE Title Match
    The Big Show vs. Kurt Angle

WWE Tag Team Titles Elimination Match
    Chris Jericho & Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Booker T & Goldust vs. Lance Storm & William Regal

WWE Woman's Title Match
    Victoria vs. Trish Stratus vs. Jacqueline

Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero

Kane vs. Batista

.....Ill be interested in seeing the last two matches-just to see how good Leviathan is, and Eddy-v- Chris for obvious reasons. Otherwise, very weak card.

• Advertisement

Thing is there isnt much more Eddie and Benoit can do. They've pretty much done all that the WWE will let them but it'd be sweet if they pulled an AJPW top rope finisher thingy. Even a 2nd rope tombstone would be sweet. Just for once......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Phelim 3:16

Apparently kurts knee has to be scoped sometime after the PPV. I suppose it makes sense to put him with the monster but make it look like he is gonna win until show cheats by injuring him for the win. You keep Show big for Lesnar to destroy and when Kurt comes back he is the babyface who was screwed out of the title but has to beat show before he goes to mania to face Lesnar. And the HHH- Shawn match will probably be good just because both will be working there asses off to make the other look good. Even though I hate HHH their match at SSlam was great. Having said that I haven`t read the raw spoilers so I don`t know what the stip is.

And it looks like they are doing Guerrero vs benoit which is worth the price alone. I`m going to order it.

Phelim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

I usually end up watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by kenner
    Well i did ask him!

I read the RAW spoilers and thats why i was saying a 45 minute HBK-HHH match doesnt do it for me. Now if that was Benoit-Angle you have your MOTY right there but HBK can barely walk and nobodys gives a rats ass about him anymore either. Expect a huge de-push for HHH in the next few months. They just cant ignore the ratings slide too much longer.

Booker is so over its not funny yet they keep jobbing him and goldust though i expect a title win on sunday for them. I want to know when Goldie became such a hard worker!

Nobody gives a rats ass about HBK? And Booker T is soo over?
    What show have you been watching?
    HBK gets one of the biggest pops. Are you deaf? Do you not see all of the HBK signs either?
    Booker T WAS starting to get over, but then he lost his momentum, thats why he jobs to everyone now. He's good, but he's not good enough.

If HBK can "barely walk", how does he manage to have better matches than Booker T after being gone for nearly 5 years? Barely walk? What does that mean anyway?If he can "barely walk", how come he can run, and wrestle? Surely if you can "barely walk", you definately wouldn't be able to run?
    Make sense, man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

hbk is not as over as you are making out - sure you see signs in the crowd - which the cameras focus on but for gad sake - even dlo gets signs - yeah he is still popular but he is not half the star that he was and the average fan - like it or not, could take him or leave him - the whole nostalgia thing is waring thin - just as it did with hogan and its turning as many away as it is making 'new generation' fans tune in

i personally am getting sick of seeing that smug git week in week out putting himself over rather that the match/angle - case in point: he is supposidly crippled, he comes back out of the casket, trows a couple af slaps and a week super kick and then spends the next couple of minutes posing and strutting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

ordered armageddon last night on ntl digital...then went on to tape it as i couldnt stay up till 4am to watch it....woke up this morning to check and at some point during it the ntl box automatically switched over to sky spoerts 2.

eill it be repeeated on ntl digital?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

they are gonna repeat it dude yeah, like over the next week about twice a day i think.
    Sorry, but... thats what you get for getting NTL, they reall really blow.
    My review of last night is going up now, every one go read it or ill kill ya :mad:

Hanza

Advertisement