Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSPCA advert!

Options
  • 10-12-2002 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see the latest one on TV? Usually UTV i think. Anyway its pretty disturbing! like one of them drink driving campaigns.

I was in the gym when i saw it, did not have my earphones but it made no difference as the pictures say it all! I swear it makes me think if i ever saw someone treat animals like they portray i would visit the same on them 10 fold.. and im a pacifist!!
    I was a mixture of sadness and pure rage when i saw it. Like when i saw the pic of that poor poodle a few years back.. anyone remember that? Tears came to my eyes on the ad just like for that pic, thankfully i did not cry eek... in the gym of all places!!

Hmm i have not noticed any ISPCA ads on TV...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i get upset when i see stuff like that too. its just awful seeing somehting so defenceless being treated so cruelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ano

can anyone tell me how i can volunteer for the rspca, i really want to help cruelty to animals??? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Over in Ireland its called the ISPCA, rspca is the english version. Most counties have a shelter, sometimes affilaited with the ISPCA but most of the time they aren't. Most shelters if you rang them about volunteering to walk dogs or clean kennels/catterys would be more than happy to accept you!
    You could also consider fostering cats/kittens or dogs/pups in your home from shelters, its much better for the animal to get them out of a kennel environment and into a home environment even for just a short period of time.
    You can generally just help by spreading the word about rescue animals and encoraging people to consider them, or by taking one on yourself!!
    Do you mind me asking where your based? If in Dublin then the DSPCA take on volunteers.

Oh and nearly forgot to say that by donating money or even old pet beds/blankets, bags of food or really just anything they can use even just toys. Especially in these recessionary times people are donating less to charity and more are giving up their pets to shelters, putting more of a strain on resources.

Advertisement