Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homeless

• 10-12-2002 4:30pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

Who want's to let me sleep on their floor in carlow tonight. I have an exam at 9:30 in the morning. My name is Tom, I was TomTom in that game of Q3 that was being played on Compsoc last night. Would not ask if I was not desperate and also just want to see who is kind enough to help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

eh you shouldn't really haved typed that you want to see poeples reactions to the post because obviously people aren't going to react normally once they know that.

sorry to be negative. and I live in dublin.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

It's not a test, just interisting to see how many will help.

i'm serious about needing a place to stay. It's getting close to 5o'clock and i'm heading to carlow in about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Slimjim

I can't understand why nobody has offered you a place to stay. I've read ALL of your posts today and I have to say I found each one incredibly interesting and entertaining.
    Why would anybody not want you to regale them with your quite evident charm and wit on a cold winters night. It really does beggar belief!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Sorry tom-tom, just read your post now, mighta been able to sort you out earlier when the buddies were here, but they have all gone home and I am traveling home tonight. So your outta luck.

Plus it's kinda hard to bring complete stranger into your house in 'this day and age'

Are you in St pats or the IT?

gogo

• Advertisement

The IT.
    I know it's hard to let a complete stranger into your house, but I can talk to anybody and I'm a nice guy. Despite what anyone tells you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Not being overly familiar with Carlow Town but...

Is it noticeably devoid of *reasonably* priced B&B's ??

most student towns seem to lack good priced b&b's. I think thats to stop students from staying there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

only saw that post now,
    I would have vouched for the fact he is a nice guy:P
    Who did u stay with in the end?

First I stayed with Francis, and second who are you moonbeam?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

TomTom, glad fransis was around, not ns to see ns ppl stranded.

mmm... next time say it to us before we leave compsoc, you can stay with me if u r stuck next time m8, or if not we can sort something

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Sure you were fine then:)
    Rent has gone up by loads down there though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

try living in dublin on a grant, well no point, its not possible if ur not living at home. thats why I am in carlow

Lucky for those who manage to get the grant:)
    Its impossible wither way to live on the grant alone, you either need rich parents or work alot of hours to have a comfie student life

I wish i got a grant. I ain't told francis yet but i hope to stay in his house next week because i'm back monday but i'm heading away for a few days on the following wednesday. Once again if anyone knows of room for rent, i'm looking for one. By the way moonbeam, who are you? i don't know everyone by their Boards.ie name. I still refer to people by there christian name.

lol so your going back starting second year then going away sounds like a great start:)Sure he is hardly going to mind you staying there,is there actually a shortage of accom this year?

Not to sure if there is a shoetage of accommodation, it's just that I'm starting back after been away from there for 8 months so I don't have a clue whats available or not.

yeah u could end up in a freezing cold damp house or a house that the sewers overflow or something!Ask the others to keep an eye out for you one of them is bound to know somewhere

Just got an offer of a house. Sharing a room with some guy. Not keen on the idea of sharing a room with a complete stranger so I son't think i'll take it.

Advertisement