Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help and advice

• 11-12-2002 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

This probably sounds stupid but can someone tell me how I go about connecting a video player, a dvd player and a digi box to my tv. The tv has two scart connectors

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭xlex

use the two scart connections to connect the DVD and the Video to your T.V. Use your Digibox between the your incoming signal feed and your VCR... your Video will be on AV1 and your DVD on AV2. Terrestrial T.V. as usual and Digital on you next available channel... You will have to adjust the RF signal to a different frequency to the video in case of shadowing.

I really need to know how many feeds you have coming in, 1 or 2??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by xlex
    use the two scart connections to connect the DVD and the Video to your T.V. Use your Digibox between the your incoming signal feed and your VCR... your Video will be on AV1 and your DVD on AV2. Terrestrial T.V. as usual and Digital on you next available channel... You will have to adjust the RF signal to a different frequency to the video in case of shadowing.

I really need to know how many feeds you have coming in, 1 or 2??

Sorry, but if you do this you will have only RF picture quality and mono sound on all of the digital channels.

In my opinion the best way to setup your system is to connect the DVD to one of the TV's scart sockets. Connect the other TV scart to the digibox's TV scart socket. Connect your VCR's scart to the digibox's video scart socket. When you play a video the signal will be passed through the digibox to the television.

This will allow all three devices to send high quality pictures to your TV and you'll get stereo too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Sorry, but if you do this you will have only RF picture quality and mono sound on all of the digital channels.

In my opinion the best way to setup your system is to connect the DVD to one of the TV's scart sockets. Connect the other TV scart to the digibox's TV scart socket. Connect your VCR's scart to the digibox's video scart socket. When you play a video the signal will be passed through the digibox to the television.

This will allow all three devices to send high quality pictures to your TV.

Yep..this is how I have mine and its great - ta for typing it all for me tho! ;)

Ok... Can you record from the digibox to the video?

and if you link the digibox scart to the video scart in, and Video scart out to the T.V. isn't that in essence the same... No??

Ok... Can you record from the digibox to the video?

Yes, when you are recoding from the digibox, you select the AV channel on the video, terrsestrials are selected as normal.
    and if you link the digibox scart to the video scart in, and Video scart out to the T.V. isn't that in essence the same... No?? [/B]

Yes it is sort of the same thing. But you should not be using digital on the next available channel, and you should definately not have to be using the RF feed to view digital.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ShaneOC
    and you should definately not have to be using the RF feed to view digital.

Agreed, cheers...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭thrillseeker

The way I have mine set up is as follows:

1 . Digibox set to RGB, 16:9 and connected to scart 2 on my Sony DVD
    2. Sony DVD Scart 1 connected to RGB scart 1 input on my TV
    (DVD patches RGB video and sound through when DVD in standby)
    3. Digibox Video scart connected to video scart 2
    4. Video Scart 1 connected to TV scart 2

I get RGB from digibox to TV - excellent picture quality
    When I turn on the DVD it cuts off the digibox feed.

Using scarts I find the digibox, video and dvd auto selects the correct TV AV input when required and both the dvd and digibox auto-switch the widescreen format on the TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Is it true say that you should not connect your DVD to Video and then video to TV. I've only one one scart input on my TV and use a switcher box to connect the video and DVD into the set. Bit of a pain as you have to switch back and forth.

Originally posted by BrianD
    Is it true say that you should not connect your DVD to Video and then video to TV. I've only one one scart input on my TV and use a switcher box to connect the video and DVD into the set. Bit of a pain as you have to switch back and forth.

Yes this is true as most DVD players have macrovision encoding on the signal that is output. If you run the DVD through the video you will see the macrovision effect on the TV (picture goes bright - then dark - bright - etc). This will not happen if you use the scart switcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

Thanks for all the helpfull advice

cujimmy

• Advertisement
Advertisement