Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a xmas prezzie for the Girlfriend?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Best thing to do is think of something she mentioned off hand ages ago.

Too True Wolf.

Now if only I was listening instead of watching football I'd be sorted! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

This best idea is to ask her what she'd like and throw a little something extra in on the day. It'll be a nice suprise. Trust me after 2 years i know. I also know that no matter how sporty or whatever she is, she'll like jewellery ALL WOMEN DO!!! So a nice chain or watch (not sports - silver or white gold is good) to go with whatever she axes for... You can't lose!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Polonious
    Trust me after 2 years i know.
    Wow, after 14 years I still don't know.

I bow down to you o prodigy!

He he he, good point Gordo. I spose i meant i have a better idea rather than i actually know. Cos let's face it no man will ever actually know!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Count urself lucky that its not a boyf u have to buy for!! Girls are so easy to get pressies for in comparison,

• Advertisement

Na, no way. Guys are so easily amused, it does'nt take much thought at all! Girls on the other hand.... Hmmm they tend to change their mind as often as their underwear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

listen to her
    she's probably dropping hints left right and centre
    i did that last yr to my boyf and did i get what i wanted???? well....some of it....i think he realsied i was dropping hints but became a bit too over zelous with the paying attention so i got some of what i wanted and other things i'd actuially just mentioned in passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by thedrowner
    listen to her
    she's probably dropping hints left right and centre

That's what you think. Men don't take hints. You have to tell them straight out. Subtlety goes over our heads cos it's a pointless waste of time. Just say what you want.

Marge Simpson said it best:
    "When Homer does something wrong, I write out a list of everything he could do to make it up to me. Then I shred it up and put it in his food"

:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

no offence and this isnt an attack on men either,
    But girls and hints are a different world we drop them we think they are blatently obvious as in oohh look at that its really nice spend bout 20 minutes oohhing and aahhing at it and men just dont get it!!
    A guy drops a hint we tend to get them as by now we are experts!
    If you are only going out witht her 2 months something cool rather then sexy/sexual etc might be a good idea and something sorta generic,
    Women love teddies,nice meals,lava lamps(the perfect present for anyone!!)fun stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Do what i'm doing - ask her best friend :)

Seriously, my girlfriends asking my best mate what to get me and i'm asking hers. sorts out everything :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

i did that last yr to my boyf and did i get what i wanted???? well....some of it....i think he realsied i was dropping hints
    Spelling it out in the spagetti Hoops?

no seriously, Just ask her best Friend to give u clue by getting her to ask your Gurlfriend.
    Gawd its so simplistic, no wonder u cant get it.

O BTW, any of yee get that Perfect Couple Email thing, about the Perfect Couple on Christmas eve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

I'd say a nice puffa jacket would go down a treat (if she hasnt got one). They seem tremendously popular at the mo. Also, Argos have these dinky shower radios in. Could be worth a shot.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe puffa jackets hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Advertisement