Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 7650 Bluetooth connection

• 11-12-2002 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I want to be able to connect my phone to my PC to transfer files back and forth and was wondering if any one knew what the best option was. I was thinking of getting this . Does anyone know if this would be compatible or if not what would the best option be?

Ta very much.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by The_Scary_Man
    Hi
    I want to be able to connect my phone to my PC to transfer files back and forth and was wondering if any one knew what the best option was. I was thinking of getting this . Does anyone know if this would be compatible or if not what would the best option be?

I'm far from been an expert on this but I use the IR port on my laptop with various Nokia phones and it works very well, I have even connected to the internet via the infrared port, I know you can buy adapters that you plug into a port on u'r PC and turns it into an IR port, now whether this is better or cheaper I dont know.

But the cables that you require for the phone can be expensive, just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by The_Scary_Man
    Hi

The Billington adapter uses the same Widcomm based Bluetooh software as TDK and others use with their adapters

have a read of this thread - rabbitinlights got it working but then had problems after updating to the latest version of the Nokia PC Suite (i think he was in win 2k) - didn't hear back if he got it resolved yet

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69046

i've the 7650 running with TDK, 3COM and Toshiba adapters / cards - in the middle of setting up the Socket card

(the 7650 connection can ony be made via IR or Bluetooth, there's no cable option)

HTH
    Brian G

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Thanks Dub, I'll try those as soon as I get the adaptor and let you know how I got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Hi Dub I used the settings on the other thread and they worked perfectly.

Cheers mate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

glad to hear it :)

atb,
    Brian G

• Advertisement
Advertisement