Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rally Championship

Options
  • 22-11-1999 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I've been playing this game all day yesterday and it phucking rocks. It ****es all over colin mccraye (spelt arseways). Get this game if you're into rally games but have a nice beefy setup with a **** kickin graphics card if you want to play it the way it was meant to be. Also getting my hands on a force feedback pro steering wheel so that's gonna kick ass, and all for the low low price of 30 beans.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I am in agreement with Tin, this game kicks ass. The graphics are gorgeous, near photorealistic, tho you are indeed talking a monster machine to play it.

The recommended spec is about my machine - PIII 500, 128 megs o RAM and a v3, it looks gorgeous on this up to 1024x768, struggles a bit on 1280x1024 smile.gif

The stages are incredibly long too, like the first one of the first rally is 11 minutes as opposed to the usual 3-4 mins on McRae, and some of them are longer than that even.

Its deffo more a sim than McRae, I will still play that for the ol arcade laffs. It's a ***** trying to get from one of a stage to the other without wrecking your car tho smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

CT, have you tried a night stage yet ? absoultely class looking. The spectators take photo's and u can see the flashes of the cameras which can be damn annoying. And if you screw up your headlights (which I managed to do quite successfully) the head lights start to flicker. It's cool the way bits of your car start flying all over the place like the spoiler and bumpers. Also I really like the touch of the odd small explosion from the exhaust.

Stuff also like when you're driving along with a big mad ditch on the side of the road, class game well worth purchasing.

yeah tearing bits off the car is a laff smile.gif have you seen, i think it is stage 2 or 3 in Scotland, its a dawn start anyway, bout 6.15 in the morning, and the sunrise graphics/colours are gorgeous.

I nearly crashed a couple of times cos i was too busy gawking into a beautiful valley with a lake smile.gif

Yea played that level last night. It's class though cos you're there to yourself "fucl<ing sun, get out of my face". Yea scenery does certainly rock. Bloody hard though at times, hate those poxy quality checks after some stages to see if your car is up to scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

is there a decent in-car camera?
    otherwise all is lost.

/me remembers F1 on the playstation where you hovered over the drivers helmet... haha

• Advertisement

Yea, there's loads of different views with about 3 different in car views alone. The bumper view is the best as it gives the best sense of speed. Also something which is cool is the engine sound changes depending on the view point

The bonnet cam makes me feel like puking the movement sensation is so realistic :O I usually use the closest chase cam cos you dont have the screen flying all round the place that way, plus tis easier to judge the slides around tight corners etc. I was up playing this til 2.30 this morning, damn i need more sleep smile.gif

Advertisement