Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd player with 50 free dvds

• 11-12-2002 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

did anyone see those dvd players in dixions i think they are around €180 whith 50 free dvds i think logix make it.i need it to play mp3s,vcds and s-vcds.anyone had any experience with them???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Have you seen those DVD's ? Worst selection i have ever seen, didnt recognise most of them. Real bottom of the bargain bin stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

steer well clear m8! ****ty selection of movies...they're looking at cashing in on gullible buyers...my advice is to get the cyberhome adl-528 from Richers Sounds in town - plays mp3's, vcd/svcd for only €109!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

father in law fell for that gimmic... even tho i have said im the "family authoritae" on dvd and such..he never asked me opinion..went off and bought a dvd for more than i would have suggested just for the free dvds..."its a good start for my collection!"

40 movies on 20 dvd's (yes doublesided) they look like copies of videos...no menus, just staright to movie when you slap them in.

titles like:
    american ninjas, ninja surprise, ninja this and that...he was a great ninja wasnt he?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

when you say town i hope you mean limerick?? do they have a website and if i order now will i get it b4 x-mass??

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by irishguy
    when you say town i hope you mean limerick?? do they have a website and if i order now will i get it b4 x-mass??

The nearest Richer Sounds to you is in Cork.
    Their website is (suprisingly) www.richersounds.ie

dam them why did they have to make there email address so complicated :D

does it play dvd-rs and dvd-rws?? also is it possible to flash it to multi region??

Originally posted by irishguy
    does it play dvd-rs and dvd-rws?? also is it possible to flash it to multi region??
    It says nothing about DVD-R or DVD-RW in it's specs.

But the pioneer DV 350 does, if you want a Quality machine €239 also on the richer website.

Both are available multi region according to Richer ( for a few dollars more )

mm

i ordered the cyberhome adl-528 last night i heard great things about it and i found out it does play dvd-r and dvd-rw its just picky about which way you burn them.also its only €109 and i am kinda broke so it will do the trick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You can change it to multi region via a very simple remote hack.

Advertisement