Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please please me...

Options
  • 11-12-2002 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

okay sorry to all oldie posters if a thread like this has appeared before but I'm only ickle so I'm allowed to make mistakes!
    In the spirit of the festive season I'd like to suggest a few class acts that don't seem to get as much airplay as the usual phantom suspects.
    It's only a suggestion so the ppl with the power can do as they see fit with it
    Please Sir may I have some more...
    Archive, Ben Harper, Ben Christopher, Lamb, Portishead, Ben Kweller, Hawksley Workman, Jack Johnson, Mazzy Star, Love, Captain Beefheart ( cause Big Daddy listens everyday and complains that he never hears these!!), Pete Yorn...
    Um I can't think of others, I really had this worked out in my head, anyway,I love the station but variety is the spice of life, so if ya could squeeze some in I'd love you all forever!!!
    Merry Crimbo
    Thanx,
    The rather lovely Madeline:D :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Hi

If you want to hear 'em request 'em! Text or e-mail your Phantom FM DJ. Mind you, and I stand corrected, that none of the mentioned artists have released anything in the last while, which probably explains why you don't hear them that often.

PS - WHile we see all requests coming in we can't always play them for a whole variety of reasons. Be patient! All requests played are logged and are noted by our Music Dept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

LOve

that song off the high fedility soudntrack is great
    and mazzy star too hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Lamb are incredible. They supported MOBY! That piece of bollcock! What the ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 madeline

BrianD, I request all the time just my credit has hit an all time low ( poor student!!) so I was just suggesting maybe putting a few tracks in, that's all, old stuff is played on Phantom all the time I don't think that you only choose tracks that are new, do ya?!!!
    I can't believe Lamb played with Moby, couldn't have been bothered paying to see him and to make matters worse some Knackeraguan stole my Fear of Fours album at a party recently! Grrr!!! Love- Forever Changes album has got to be in my alltime top ten, I saw them play in the summer with a recently released from prison Arthur Lee and was one of the best gigs I've seen this year, would definitely recommend people try and see them if they play again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I love Love. Forever Changes is sooo great. It was one of those albums I just bought on impulse.. I love when that happens.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

oh
    what kind of music do love play

sounds like i might like them

and this should be a valid way of getting dj's to know there's some more songs that we want to hear that theyre not playing. when we say we request them we get told that they dont have the time and we should make suggestions to the dj, when we make suggestions to the dj we get told we should try requesting them

*sheeeesh*

wow

ive just had my first go at phantom

go me

when loyal listeners turn over to the dark side pt 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Muppet Monarchy

Must be my influence finally starting to take hold.

yes........*thats* what it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 madeline

Hmmm how to explain Love's music, the way i'd describe them is a little like the Doors, but they came before them so really I don't know who else to compare them with!!!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

We do have the Love album "Forever Changes" in the studio. If you are requesting anything from it, to make it easier, tell the DJ it is album number 777 in the library.

It's actually mine - I brought it in to play something from it last year, accidently left it behind, and next time I came in it had been "assimilated". Don't mind though, it'll give more pleasure that way than gathering dust in my bedroom :)

(actually it gave me one of my best one-liners on the morning show - I'd been searching for it amongst all the stuff in boxes that I'd brought over from the UK when I moved back here, so I was able to say that "I spent most of last night looking for love in a cupboard" )

OK, OK, simple things please simple people . . .

Steve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Good man yourself Steve.
    As for Love i highly recommend them drowny..id say you would like them and recently ive been introducing them to many friends with a high success rate!! Kinda Doorsy I suppose but with some truly truly bizarre lyrics and some damn funky use of brass instruments!! :D

steve, you should post on the bord more often its highly entertaining,

(no im not being sarccy, if u think i am)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

Originally posted by thedrowner
    steve, you should post on the bord more often its highly entertaining,

(no im not being sarccy, if u think i am)

Ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

You're making me blush now :cool:

Makes fe feel even more guilty that i have not sent The Drowner that long promised email . . . . (is there a smilie for "hangs head in shame" ? )

nah-but thats ok, coz i've gotten it now (aint read it at the time of posting, but am in the process of transferring it into my inbox) so you'll get an equally long one in return

Advertisement