Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

guess will this work

• 11-12-2002 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

this has already been put down on another thread, but this contains more info

About a month ago I met a girl who goes to a boarding school in dublin (where i do not live, sadly) and lives at the other end of the country from me. However this didn't stop me liking her (when does it ever?). I was only around her for a few days, but we seemed to get on pretty well. afterwards we kept in contact by email and txt. During our contact we exchanged an email survey where you answer questions about the person who sent it to you. in this there was the question "would you go out with me?" and she replyed "you never know;) " then at the weekend we met up and i catagoricly failed to ask her out. this annoyed me a little bit (well, more than a little bit). i was wondering what the hell to do, and came to the conclusion that i should email her. i sent a slightly manic email (no more than other ones i'd sent her already) and am still waiting for a reply.

So thats my story... Who thinks it'll work ( :D ), who thinks i'm about to be proven a fool ( :( )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think you should get past this whole "going out with" thing. I mean - you went out with her on the weekend didn't you? You "met up", well that's "going out" isn't it?

Why don't you just arrange to "meet up" with her this weekend?

Don't stress, don't worry, if it is a good thing to happen then it will happen. I wouldn't send her any more emails until she replies, I would reply with a simple "just wondering if you wanted to meet up on the weekend". Mention that you had a good time last weekend maybe but don't keep sending manic emails!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

A letter might have been better than a e-mail but what the hell. It all depends on how you phrased it but it might just work.

17. "The plan was simple like my mate phil, but unlike phil the plan might just work"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

hmmm, psychology feminine.
    i suggest to you to wait her answer, anyway if she had a crush for you, she will give you news from her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Durden

I can't meet up with her for two reasons, one already stated. 1. she goes to a boarding school 2. I go to a boarding school. and we were meeting as friends, not anything else. and I am waiting, I know she only gets to use computers every now and then, and i didn't send a letter because... well, someday i might post an example of my writing

So why do you want to go out with her if you can't see her?
    :confused:

• Advertisement

I'm an assh*le. And an incurable, niave (sp?) romantic... And being in a boarding school this is probably my only chance for months... (god i sound like a real bollix, don't I? I'm not.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

nothing bad to be romantic, it's a good point for you, just she has to see it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

She's going to crush you, ripping your still beating heart out of your chest and holding it aloft while laughing manically before tossing it aside like a crumpled coke can.

Again just my opinion you understand.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Very nicely written logic you evil ****er!

I liked the "crushed coke can" bit, but, logic, do you think I'm dumb enough to get involved with someone who'd do that? of course, i suppose you never know (a good little stretch of my pessimism muscles)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Read the "Really need help" post courtesy of Wolf for all the answers already posted to this conundrum. The solution is of course a simple one- Ring her and ask her out rather than f*** about with e-mails, texts and such like. :o

you really wanna know how tricky that would be apart from my nerves? heres how
    1. no mobile (not allowed, last time it got confiscated for a month)
    2. payphones cost 40 cent for about 30 seconds, seriously
    3. being a nervous b*stard, I don't really want anyone else to know about this (least until i get an answer), though other people in my school do know her... wait, that was my nerves... oh well

but thanks everyone, it was good just to put that up, let some nervous butterflys out. keep going on stuff, i might tell you when i get an answer, or i might let the thread run a while...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Durden, I congratulate you on your choice of a bit of 'posh' for your obsession. At least it's not Marla.
    Originally posted by Gordon
    So why do you want to go out with her if you can't see her?
    :confused:
    Often, this is all the more reason to be attracted to someone - you seek what you cannot have. And given his boarding school situation, his time for seeing someone is probably resticted to when she is available anyway.

Thanks... she is sorta posh... but in a nice way, not a "I'm so much better than you and deserve more than you do" way... and Marla rocked!!! particularly as portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter...

AHHHHHHHGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*CK MY HOUSEMASTER!!!!!!! IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM I'D KNOW BY NOW!!!!!! She got my email, tryed txting me, but my phone is at home cause we're not allowed them... This is just to get my annoyance out to people who know the situation...

Now thats mad, you're in a boarding school and not allowed mobiles. I could understand if it was a day school thing but you live in the school like! I'd bring my mobile with me anyway and always on silent and a "Ya booh sucks" to the horrid head teacher!

Good stuff she tried contacting you, if only she could have texted to email eh.

what's next?

No idea... wait for her to reply...

Oh and 1st and 2nd year boys, all the girls, and the day pupils are allowed them, its just the guy in charge of our dorm building (4th-6th year boys) doesn't allow them... and i did have it, he found it and confiscated it for ages...

OOoooohhh there's giiiiirrrrrllls in the school? Well who needs a mobile then!

I was in an all boys (ex)boarding school so just presumed yours was all boys. Lucky devil.

Well, let us know when you know more - an intriguing tale it is.

I don't know more, but heres why I'm looking outside...
    1. I like her, a lot. this does not apply to any of the girls in my school
    2. Even if i wasn't such an incurable idealistic romantic, either i wouldn't consider any of the girls here or they wouldn't consider me... as theres only 320 or so people in the school, this isn't as hard as it sounds
    3. I feel like it. so there. waaa.[/SARCASM]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

break out of your school take a train to dublin turn up at her school and bang on her window¬!

• Advertisement

Freaky, I love ya man. I have considered this, not just for her but other people as well... I even have the train timetable for x-Dublin in my locker (x being where I am... This name is secret :p ...) but theres a depressingly high chance that she's no longer in the country, but i'm not sure...

Feck... I just got an email back from her... basically she said that she liked me as a friend, but that was all. She did add "rite now", so I can live in hope... though I'm not dumb enough to get all worked up and depressed over her and let it take over my life... we're still friends, and thats a good thing...

Just thought I'd let you know as you've all been really helpful... oh and logic1, you weren't right, she did try and be nice while saying it.

Originally posted by Durden
    oh and logic1, you weren't right, she did try and be nice while saying it.

hehe ah well sorry it didn't work out for ya :)

isn't love strange!

.logic.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is that enough to make you forget about her, or do you want her all the more now? Just curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i luv ya too freaky,

hihi bern :D

baz

Is that enough to make you forget about her, or do you want her all the more now? Just curious.

Well, I'm not going to forget about her, we're still friends, which is good, but I'm not going to drive myself crazy trying to get her... can't anyway, on Monday she's leaving the country for a couple weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

unlucky man

and hi baz ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Graemo

Dude, you tried. More so then some of the lonely wan*ers out there.

Be proud of that and use it to stand on next time so as to see over the heads of others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

Take it to Debate of The Centuary (yup, centuary) on PhantomFM!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Durden

its just the guy in charge of our dorm building (4th-6th year boys) doesn't allow them... and i did have it, he found it and confiscated it for ages...

**** him. Demand it back. Thats theft ! He does not have a right to do anything with your property. He doesn't have the rights to search your stuff as far as I know. In fact during personal time I'm sure you have the right to use a mobile otherwise your rights to express yourself freely are being witheld. I wonder is communication an essential right.

Originally posted by yellum
    **** him. Demand it back. Thats theft ! He does not have a right to do anything with your property. He doesn't have the rights to search your stuff as far as I know. In fact during personal time I'm sure you have the right to use a mobile otherwise your rights to express yourself freely are being witheld. I wonder is communication an essential right.

Look at who never went to boarding school!

It's housemaster rules man regardless of basic human rights.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

pfft, whats with boarding schools over in ireland anyway? why not just goto normal schools like the rest of the world *

* the whole world being scotland :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Big Chief
    pfft, whats with boarding schools over in ireland anyway? why not just goto normal schools like the rest of the world
    What if your parents are posted overseas by their employer?

Or if you'd rather not go to school with commoners?

.logic.

My house master is "in loco parentis", therefore has the powers of a legal guardian, therefore can confiscate ANYTHING he feels is unsuitable. oh and i have it back, had it back then, but left it at home. I go to boarding school cause the local school is just... no, never... uhhg

• Advertisement
Advertisement