Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's get one over the Brits!

Options
  • 11-12-2002 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

OK, people - it's vote-rigging time again.
    The BBC are at it again - this time however they're asking everyone to vote for their favourite song of all time. So obviously we're going to try and mess it up for them. Go to the website
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/us/features/topten/ and enter your details.

In the boxes for Favourite song and Artist add the following:

Artist : Wolfe Tones
    Song : A Nation Once Again
    Why : 800 years of oppression is why!

** Currently, it's just outside the Top Ten, so get voting, and pass it along to everyone you know...**

--

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

this is on after hours and more than likely on politics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mad_Patrick

I did it and sent it on, it would rock if it gets on. I don't think we're the only people doing this though coz Cher- Believe is at No.4. I hope thats not serious

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anyone heard Dil Dil Pakistan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by Mad_Patrick
    I did it and sent it on, it would rock if it gets on. I don't think we're the only people doing this though coz Cher- Believe is at No.4. I hope thats not serious

only two serious ones in the top twelve.. everything else is put there by pakis who have probably been sending around the same mail as this crap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

I was listening to 2fm this morning and some guy sent in a text asking to fill out the form the exact same way :) Hmmmm any influence from here i wonder:p Hehe i wonder will it get into the charts at all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Just sent it as an e-mail!!
    Hope this works!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Moved this here cause it didn't belong on the Humour board.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I love the quoat when you roll over the map of europe as we in Europe have voted for A Nation Once Again

"Just Listen And You will understand"

And I though the british got sarcasism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 spartic

Hey,

I got an email at the start of the week with this! I went to the site and voted, Wolfe Tones werent on it.
    Went back to the site and it now says possible contenders "Wolfe Tones", deadly weve made and impact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A likely top ten

John Lennon - Imagine
    Robbie Williams - Angel
    Queen - Brighton Rock er I mean Bohemian Raspberry
    Band-Aid - Do They Know Its Christmas
    Simon and Garfunkle - Bridge Over Troubled Water
    Don McLean - American Pie
    Led Zeppelin - Starway To Heaven (dark horse)
    Elton John - Candle in the Wind '97

Stuck for the last two, any suggestions?

Mike.

• Advertisement

Just after voting. But are they taking the piss. Mariah Carey and Cher in the top ten. What are the English like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭corkviewer

It will probably be some asian song anyway - lets face it who else lsitens to the world service? I'd say in the final tally the wolf tones might be removed from the chart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd say in the final tally the wolf tones might be removed from the chart

As its now an open secret whats going on, then I'd say every vote for A nation Once Again will be discounted.

Mike.

Look The Wolftones are ****. There not even a proper rebel band. They refused to play in Northern Ireland during the troubles. A bunch of pussies. You should have all voted for proper Irish bands like Rory Gallagher (I voted for him), Thin Lizzy, The Frames and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I gather this is over...

thread locked, it annoys me.

Luc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement