Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Get those full licences asap!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

This is one of those situations where people who have been through the mill sit on the morale high ground.....

Objectively this is systemic problem not a social comment on those with or without full licences.

lets say there wasn't the huge waiting period ....no one would give an arse and would keep testing until passing, but thats not reality , reality is that the methology for testing "competence" is completely flawed and fundamentally unfair to the target audience.The waiting period means that there is a huge whole in the time period between failing and re test, also that the blind eye was turned for so long. The resolution to this problem requires imagination and a bit of hard rationing and hard decisions , i sincerely hope that a solution is phased in , that the policy is based on a coherent strategy to provide positive reinforced driver eduacation, that the system is fair and results in safer roads for all drivers on the road regardless of their "licence status" that people are getting so upset about.

I do my test on the 4th of Feb. I am on my third Plic and didnt take the test before because there was no real incentive for me and i was lazy , Im not proud of it but it doesn't make me incompetent , irresponsible or unreasonable it makes me one individual in a flawed system that did not encourage or promote me to take effective steps to ensure I took a prescribed route to competence.

that is all safe motoring to all of you!

Trev

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement