Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New service offers Web searching by telephone

Options
  • 12-12-2002 10:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

ENN
    Search Enquiries has partnered with iTouch Ireland to launch "Talk to the Web", a telephone service for frustrated searchers of the Internet. Consumers who dial the service can outline their information needs to a researcher, who conducts a search of the Web using bespoke software and, within minutes, e-mails the customer a list of relevant hyperlinks. Results can also be delivered over the phone or via a Web site requiring a password.
    I swear to the gods, every time I read this I nearly do myself an injury laughing, but this one's the best yet. You dial the service and they send you results by email, or via a website? Wouldn't it be easier to just say to the person: "Please type www.google.com in your browser address bar. That will be €1. Thank you, come again."

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by daveirl
    Eircom were advertising a similar service about a month ago. Talk2Web or something.

Same operation. Searchenquiries.com or something. They advertise on the frontpage of the Sunday Business Post website. ENN is getting worse with the press releases I think.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The sad thing is no doubt someone out there will actually pay them for this :/

Advertisement