Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Channel Drives

• 12-12-2002 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I had a look at Komplett and found a IBM fibre channel drive ...(here) ... and it got me to thinking ... what sort of a card would you connect to this baby ... 400MB per second interface ...
    /me agggggggg (drooling like Homer Simpson)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

a fibre channel card ;) - i have an 8gb drive at home - i never got around to getting a card for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Hate to break it to you but that drive can only spit the data out at 21.7- 36.1MB/sec. I say only, but that's pretty fast. As usual interface speeds mislead, like ata133, you can't even get 4 IDE drives to spit out 133MB/sec? Oh yeah, "brust" speeds ... well nuts to that.

Stick 10 of them in a neat little raid array and you'll start to use your 400MB, fun fun fun!

Advertisement