Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irelandoffline

• 12-12-2002 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

Dustaz, dusty claus or whatever he likes to call himself has banned me from the ireland offline forum, all I did was make a point very forcefully nobody listened to me in there and all i got was abuse from start to finish from people who didnt know what they were talking about.

Id like whoever is the overall owner of boards.ie to reign in your moderators plz and unban me from irelandoffline

After all if you cant make a proper point in a forum, then you may as well close boards.ie now

TRI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Were you born that stupid, or did you have to work on it? Either way, good show - it's nice to see young people excelling in their chosen fields.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

TBH you were posting retarded posts and the conversation was going round in circles....I didn't see why you were banned tho...it's odd if you were just banned for posting about the bi monthly thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Originally posted by triacus98
    I dont care whether i get banned from this forum for saying this but im damn well going to have my say.

You're as bad as Esat with all your lies! Lies make baby Jesus cry! And it's nearly Christmas too!
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Dustaz, dusty claus or whatever he likes to call himself has banned me from the ireland offline forum, all I did was make a point very forcefully nobody listened to me in there and all i got was abuse from start to finish from people who didnt know what they were talking about

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself on the Internet.

Insult #94 insultmonger.com

Adieu.

• Advertisement

Maybe, just maybe he's a troll? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Dazzer
    Maybe, just maybe he's a troll? :)

Whatever he is,

triacus98, I SAULTE YOU!!

You've given me what will probably be the funniest 20 minutes of my day. Kudos on the bill thread. Trolls which are simultaneously infuriating and hilarious are rare these days. Thanks :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

2003c.jpg

"I'mmmm haaappppy for youuuuuuuu....."

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Id like whoever is the overall owner of boards.ie to reign in your moderators plz and unban me from irelandoffline

TRI

But in the thread you got banned for you said

Im at the stage now where im about done with the internet, its nothing but trouble from start to finish

Please do, finish with it, off ye go :)

And you also stated :
    I dont care whether i get banned from this forum for saying this but im damn well going to have my say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Honestly.

You don't listen to people. The whole thing was explained, in detail yet you persisted in dragging it on..and on..and on despite having been told the answer.

I don't know why you were banned, but I can see why the thread ended up re-cycled in the least.

You did yourself no favours, nor the internet reputation of your infamous employers..

Originally posted by BuffyBot

You did yourself no favours, nor the internet reputation of your infamous employers..

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

€30 * 2 = €60.

That bi-monthly thread was pure genius. POTM material if I have ever seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

id like that internet reputation comment explained plz, it has nothing to do with anything i have said, i said that aol offers a monthly subscription and the members pay a 1 monthly bill thats all, that enhances a reputation not diminishes it lol

and you all have still missed the point, and im still being abused here

troll comments etc
    and the admins still stay silent

for a public activist forum, its not very public and not very activist, it seems only one opinion prevails and thats the admins, moderators and their cronies

and lies whether you belive me or not is actually the truth from esats own reps, and if my original thread had not been binned youd see that

i feel sorry for you that youve been reduced to calling me names abusing me and banning me from the forums

Tri

If any truly fair admins are reading this, plz read whats in your own recycle bin and see that i was only defending myself from the same people that are abusing me here, surely its a gross misconduct of one of your own moderators to ban someone for doing what that board was designed to do ,air views no more no less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Comedy gold.

I didn't think it was possible to simultaneously use a keyboard and be that stupid.

is that all you can do abuse a person

Sad very sad

TRI

:(

Triacus please stop acting like a childish fool.
    You were TOLD you can have the money taken every month or every other month.

It is not my fault, anyone here's fault or Esat's fault if you can't be bothered to read the fscking contract.

I see you were bitching about the fact you have to pay for DSL in advance. Well, it's aimed at business'. Perhaps the HOME version will be pay monthly, who knows.

Either way, this is an incredibly futile argument, although I don't see what you did warranted being banned from IOFFL, you're just making yourself a laughing stock with these pedantic antics!

GROW UP.

PM ME IF YOU WANT ACCESS TO THIS BOARD

You see I actually do not lie, if I say i tell the truth I tell the truth

TRI

ETHO have I said anywhere on any of the posts that its anyones fault in here again NO I didnt

Christ read the bloody posts, goto the recycle bin, read the posts there

:confused:

You seem to be very confused about what i was aiming for, as did a lot of people on ioffl apprently because of the abuse i have had both here and on ioffl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

he signs off every post like another certain irelandoffline poster..
    aside from that, tri, this is the 3rd time you've trolled in about 2 days..not a good start to your boards.ie life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Boards.ie and IrelandOFFLine (IOFFL) are two unique entities.

The administrators of the boards.ie web site generally leave IOFFL to their own devices as regards moderating their own forum - as they do with pretty much all the community forums.

If you've been banned by an IOFFL moderator, there's likely to be a good reason for it, and there's little point in whinging here about it. Try sending a PM to one of the moderators of that forum.

• Advertisement

WWM or amp, take a bow, this is a truley excellent troll.

Cue relentless feeding of it;
    for a public activist forum, its not very public and not very activist, it seems only one opinion prevails and thats the admins, moderators and their cronies
    What were you expecting? Organised street protests? Hijacking of Eircom HQ? It's very much public (anyone can read it) and very much active. Maybe if you read some of the threads instead of posting crap, you'd see that.

If any truly fair admins are reading this, plz read whats in your own recycle bin and see that i was only defending myself from the same people that are abusing me here,
    No, you were complaining nonsenically about semantics and your own ineptitude was pointed out. You can read what's in the recycle bin to see this.
    surely its a gross misconduct of one of your own moderators to ban someone for doing what that board was designed to do ,air views no more no less
    The IOFFL board wasn't set up for anyone and everyone to just post up what they think of telecoms companies. Go to www.irelandoffline.org and find out what Ireland Offline is about, and as such what the IOFFL board is about.

Oh just lock this and give him a paddling ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Triacus,

Take a deep breath.

Realize that no one agrees with you.

Take it on the chin like a man and move on. It's the adult thing to do.

If you keep this up you will eventually find yourself banned for sure.

K

From the IrelandOFFLine forum rules (which obviously go unread by too many posters...):
    Although it may seem so to many, the forum is not specifically an arena for bashing the likes of eircom or other companies or authorities just for the sake of it. This is a discussion forum, not a propoganda page. Any such unconstructive message threads which go in such a direction will be removed without discussion. Complaints about these deletions will not be entertained.
    Unlike a lot of forums on boards.ie, where flaming and trolling can be a bit of a laugh, we're not here for fun. This is serious business. We're trying to get something done. Flaming/trolling isn't funny at the best of times, and it's simply not acceptable here. Any such posts will either be closed or deleted.
    If you decide to flout these rules, the moderators of this forum reserve the right to move, or, where necessary - i.e. where posts are disrupting otherwise productive threads - delete your posts.

If you continue to flout them, we reserve the right to ban you from this forum temporarily or permanently, and to report you to Boards.ie administrators, who will deal with your account as they see fit.

I would think that posting up 3 flame/troll messages on the forum as you allegedly did would count as 'continuing to flout the rules'... hence the banning...

Oh, and as a sidenote, if you can't take a bit of abuse on the chin now and then, you're far better off not using the Internet at all, to be honest...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Tri, I *am* an admin.

I posted the only reply I could think of at the time: A play on a song from an ad for the special olympics.

I'm sorry but I'm having REAL trouble seeing your problem. I read the thread, it hurt my eyes. You seem to have little to complain about and frankly IOFFL arent here to fight your billing problems.

Take it to the consumers association if you want.

Personally I dont think you are going to be happy here on Boards.ie. We run a tight ship and if 10% of our readers are unhappy about the fascist regime we obviously promote, well I can live with that.

DeV.

Great debate tactic there DAZZER
    Oh just lock this and give him a paddling ...

So again in the next few minutes this will be recycled cause you just dont want to hear the truth oh well I tried my best

It was never my personal opinion about esat i was stating here but it was the truth

If your to blind to see that then fine, I cant be bothered anymore talking to rank amatures that have about as much knowledge as a gnat

I think you reallly believe that this forum its members will make a big difference to the way telcos operate in this country, well get a life cause it aint going to happen, theyll do what they want to do when they want to do it and their aint a damn thing you can do about it

And that is probably the saddest thing of all

TRIACUS98

That's funny triacus...

No, really...

You have to look beyond the forum. The organisation, IrelandOFFLine is already making a difference and making the telcos and ISP's sit up and take notice.

The forum is just an outlet for it's members to discuss the issues at hand and is only one string to IOFFL's bow. Have you read the IrelandOFFLine web site at www.irelandoffline.org ? It's an UNOFFICIAL discussion forum but still representative of the organisation so naturally there are (fairly) strict rules and guidelines as to how discussion may take place there - otherwise there'd be anarchy.

Nobody said this was a democracy... it isn't ... but it sure as hell isn't an anarchy either.

Those rules, which you've obviously not read, mention that threads discussing topics of utter irrelevance may be snipped and chucked in the recycle bin. There's too much going on in the forum to allow it to get mis-directed or swamped with off-topic rubbish. Your billing issues with Esat or whoever are utterly irrelevant and so they were snipped. Simple really.

As suggested, you should just take it on the chin and GET OVER IT because you'll get no satisfaction with your current course of action :p

It was never my personal opinion about esat i was stating here but it was the truth

What was it then? My opinion? devores? Of course it was YOUR personal opinion, it was about YOUR experience...!!! Idiot.

I think you reallly believe that this forum its members will make a big difference to the way telcos operate in this country, well get a life cause it aint going to happen, theyll do what they want to do when they want to do it and their aint a damn thing you can do about it

And that is probably the saddest thing of all

TRIACUS98

Nah I think you're the saddest thing of all! Why don't you compain to a manager in Esat if you have a problem instead of whining on here.

Seeyanowbye!

Some insane drivel

This all sounds a little too much like an old lady who was called mike. Or maybe it was a young kid......Did anyone remember his ip/email addys?

:D

• Advertisement

Bard - OT I know, but I would be very interested to know exactly what IOFFL *have* achieved since formation, and how many active members you have?

Hehe :D

And BTW the IOFFL forum is not the only branch of the organisation your know :rolleyes:

Also, please explain why you stated that you didn't care wheter or not you got banned and now that you have been banned you moan about it?

Sorry I'll stop feeding the troll now ...

Originally posted by eth0_
    Bard - OT I know, but I would be very interested to know exactly what IOFFL *have* achieved since formation, and how many active members you have?

Sorry, eth0_ - I can't give you the answers you're looking for as I'm not a representative of the organisation - haven't been for some time now.

You'd be better off asking one of the IOFFL Committee members or reading through www.irelandoffline.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

triacus98 normally there is a right way to deal with billing problems. IOFFL are not really there to sort them out, they are in the business of FRAICO & Broadband and they are seeing the fruits of their hard labour.

They are not there to sort out billing problems for abusive types like yourself.

Now grow up and drop the problem with IOFFL. If you want to start a discussion about the general service level from ESAT BT then use the Net/Comms forum which is for general discussions like that, and please try and be civil in it :rolleyes:

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Originally posted by Bard
    Oh, and as a sidenote, if you can't take a bit of abuse on the chin now and then, you're far better off not using the Internet at all, to be honest...

/me nods

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement