Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Heavy Traffic... for now...

Options
  • 12-12-2002 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Next Tuesday is going to be my final Heavy Traffic programme and I have decided that I will trawl through my many many mini discs (not that any of them are labelled) of interviews/live sessions that have taken place on my show over the last 3 (or is it more!?) years, take out the best bits and air them between 6-7pm next Tuesday (dec 17th).

It is with a great deal of sadness that I will be wrapping things up, I adore phantom, I adore broadcasting, and most of all I adore the listeners who have made all my shows engaging and entertaining to say the least! Thanks to everyone.

This is not a good-bye, god no! And who knows I might just grace 91.6 again soon...

Best of luck to everyone and best of luck to the station who have afforded me a wonderful opportunity!

Alison

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

Best of luck to ya.www.sundogsband.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

thats a real pity alison,

best of luck

michael

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

ditto

i heard lots of good reviews about your show and im sorry i never got the chance to check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Oh NO!!!!Dont be gone too long Alison.....:(

And drowner how can you miss some one you have never heard?Do you have to post in every tread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Have to say theres nothin like gettin home after a sh1tty day at work and turnin Phantom on and the mood changes straight away.
    How comes your off??

Anywho g'luck canook. Thanks for askin my question to Moldys a while back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭insomniac

Ah 'tis a real shame. Hopefully you'll grace the airwaves again soon. And thanks for giving me the Breeders album as album of the week.

Toodles and have fun wherever you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Alison,

great great shame. Good luck in the times ahead and hopefully you will bounce back before too long.

Kids: say NO to bullying.

Roxy

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

oh my goodness!
    i'll miss her show coz i always wanted to get around to hearing it and never did (im lazy that way)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Wicker

Alison,
    you made the 2mph drive home almost bearable.
    Sorry to hear you're leaving....

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Good luck in the future will miss the show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 nim psychotic

Will miss you lots on Phantom Alison. Really sad to hear you're leaving. Good luck with everything and thanks for your support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

Loved listening to the show on the way home from college. Really kept me sane while I was stuck on the South Circular. Good luck in whatever you go on to do.

Come back soon, y'hear?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

aw feck!

im sure most people who listen to phantom regularily know which DJs they enjoy the music of... y'know.
    well, alison, you were one of mine.
    and i havnt' been able to listen on tuesdays for the last few months, which was ****ty. so i probably wont hear the last show either.

anyway, miss you lots.
    please come back soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

You'll be sorely missed - come back soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭AlisonC

thanks everyone... found some goodies amongst all those tossed aside, unlabelled mini discs!!!

Alison ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

:( You'll be sorely missed.

Thanks for for keeping us entertained and hope to hear you on the airwaves again!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

like most people here your show made the joke that is dublin traffic that little bit easier to bare, hopefully you get really self indulgent and play what you want for once also a great chance to get alison by the mighty elvis costello played!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

:(
    "so long and thanks for all the fish"
    we'll all miss ya

Advertisement