Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Expanded Universe

• 12-12-2002 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

I'm just starting geting into this side of star wars, and i'm wondering what the best set of books to start with are?
    I have read all the films in book format(except for episode III obviously).

So what shoul i read first?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

I'd recommend anything by Timothy Zahin, be warn though a lot of the other writers in the expanded universe are bad very very bad, but Zahin is a safe bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

this order of reading is good

Shadows of the empire

Thrawn Trilogy (Heir to the empire, Dark Force Rising, Last Command)

Then the X-Wing series (im not typing out all the books!!)
    Then the Hand of Thrawn Duology

If you can, pick up the Tales from.... books, some sweet stories about thrawn and the like.

after that, you should be all set for the New Jedi Order series, which i am very much enjoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Drazhar
    this order of reading is good

Shadows of the empire

Thrawn Trilogy (Heir to the empire, Dark Force Rising, Last Command)

this is fairly sport on
    shadows of the empire is set between empire & return of the jedi
    so is a good starting point.

i read a few others but some of them can be quite dire, find an author u like & stick to them initially.As said above zahn is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 King of Arrakis

Shadows of The Empire? wasn't that a one of the N64's launch titles? I think the's a difference between it and the book as Dash does not die! I think you will find that out if you search for him on starwars.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Yeah it was!!! I had it for a while was pretty good story wise, however the game could have been better!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement