Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its not as bad as you think!

Options
  • 12-12-2002 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi everyone!
    Im in first year in college and when i was doing my leaving cert i was terrified but its not that bad when it comes to the day you do your first exam you'll be a bit nerves but by your second exam it will just fly by and then youll get your results and then the biggest drinkin session ever! so dont worry its not goin to be bad i found that the mocks were harder than the leaving! so good luck and keep up the studyin!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by coco
    Hi everyone!
    Im in first year in college and when i was doing my leaving cert i was terrified but its not that bad when it comes to the day you do your first exam you'll be a bit nerves but by your second exam it will just fly by and then youll get your results and then the biggest drinkin session ever! so dont worry its not goin to be bad i found that the mocks were harder than the leaving! so good luck and keep up the studyin!

yeah its a pity though that college is just so damn hard, lc was piss in comparason

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Which course in college is so hard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

thank you for the words of encouragment! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

It's true.
    Don't worry too much, i found the mocks harder than the leaving cert itself.
    I got ALOT more points than expected.

Study, Pass, Drink. Ok? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭coco

Good luck everyone in your mocks i wish you all the best!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

The mocks are not necessarily easier imo, it's just (most) people will have a lot more study done by the leaving cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

The LC isn't really that bad thinking back, I'm in my 3rd year of college (well, I'm a repeat 2nd year) studying Software Development, and I'm seriously do anything to be back in school doing my Leaving again.

My course is so hard (the reason why I'm repeating).

Anyway, good luck with the study, and keep the chins up, ye'll all do fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

What college r u studying at?

Im doin S/w development too and am on a forced yr out cause i didnt get the 55 avg to progress straight into 3rd yr. I have the Cert but on yr out now, + not sure if ill bother goin back at all.

Lets face it, de comp industry is f-u-c-k-e-d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Originally posted by rander00
    Lets face it, de comp industry is f-u-c-k-e-d.

What a load of rubbish.
    :rolleyes:

Anyway, i'll end it there as this isn't the thread to be discussing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

yeah as soon as i hit college next year i'm really going to miss my regular drink sessions completely subsidised by my parents.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yeah... LC people don't know how handy they have it. It's quite easy when it comes to the exam itself. You still need to study yer ass off! Then when the results come up the majority will be absolutely delighted with their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Orlie

The one thing I liked about leaving cert was that everything was done for you, and you were forced to do stuff!

I mean in college we have to use our initiative! What an inconvenience.

College life ain't all it's cracked up to be. I'd advise anyone to take a year out and work. At least at that stage they'd be so sick of working in a minimum wage job they'd force themselves to do well in college!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭coco

I posted this thread so that leaving certs could talk to people in college to give them some good advice and wish them luck you have done a good job and i hope all of you do really well in you leaving! But dont worry if you fail its ok theres always plc and you can repeat or do cert or fas etc

So my best wishes to you all

Advertisement