Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 8

Options
  • 02-11-1999 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

It finaly came out here, got my hands on the special edition box. Strangely enough it was the smae price as the game on it's own. Nearly finished seven, So I won't be going out for a long time

smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

You ever manage to kill WEAPON? (the desert one?)
    Sepheroth was a sinch compared to that m0therfu<ker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Yeah it was tough all right. FF8 is way too easy. I'm already halfway through it. I just finished the second CD last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Once you know how the junction works it's easy.

I messed up first time going to get my First Junction, so second time I just trained a while in the academy and after that it was a doddle.

How far are you? What is WEAPON? You talking about the Tank? Normally on hard monsters I just run Scan then set the character with the main Junction on it, and have the others act as magic support (healing, elemental spells).

Nah, I was talking about FF7, weapon is one of the BIG bosses, and there are three of 'em.

Sephiroth1_small.jpg

[This message has been edited by Dead{o}Santa (edited 12-11-99).]

I was lucky before I played the full version, I got my hands on a demo of it. It was the communications tower section from start to finish. I got to hands with the junctioning.

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 12-11-99).]

• Advertisement

There is a GF at the Comms tower. a Water Elemental. I got it the first time round, but I died before saving and couldn't get it again. It's that big flying thing and you have to kill it within a set time.

I think you have to draw it from the creature?

Also the Gravity GF is absoluty rock hard (that's the one in the magic lamp). Took me about 10 goes to kill it, and my characters had to be really high level. Shame cause the GF is ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

ff8 out in ireland yet?

Yeah, but if you don't see it, then it's probably all sold out.

Diablos was the easy kill, where did you get livathan from, Iknow its name be cause it was one of GF's in the demo, pretty nasty thing it is to. Any one get the earth GF in the temple near Galbradia????? (Where you meet Rhiona's father)How do you kill the boss in the base after the misiles are launched.

Everything can be worked out to kill by running a scan first.

What I did was use all 3 GF's. I had spent so much time training them that they are quicker then the characters. Also you can still transfer the GF's off them even though..... well wouldn't want me to spoil the surprise smile.gif

• Advertisement

Diablos is a sh!te GF but has some interseting abilities! Carbuncle is pretty weird is well, casts reflect on all members of the team.

Any one in Ireland have the pocket station?Will an import work on a Playstaion here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Dead o santa
    get a gold chocobo
    get Knights of the Round in the top right hand island (not on map) and mime materia in the cave near Wutai
    beat emerald weapon by linking phoenix and final attack(available from battle square) then use KOTR once and keep miming it
    develop ure own strategy revolving around this general idea

ruby weapon (desert) is dead easy to kill
    get w-summon from battle square and go into the battle with 2 characters dead
    ruby will immediately stick the 2 tentacle things in the ground so you can attack him properly
    cast phoenix and then w-summon Hades on both side of your characters (ruby and his tentacle things)
    this will cast stop (among other things) on ruby
    then use the KOTR and mime trick - he will wake up like one move before you kill him if you have enough mime materias - if you dont have enough (by mastering them) then w-summon hades both sides again
    both emerald and ruby weapon have 1,000,000 HP - if you morph the freaky pirate ship in the glass area of the underwater reactor (Junon) then you get underwater materia - use it in the emerald battle (you get as long as you need to fight him)

As(i know *everything* about that game smile.gif)ka

Thanks man,
    All I need to do now, is quit my job, so I can stay home and play it all day long! smile.gif
    (just like old times!)
    God!
    I haven't had the time to even start playing Final Fantasy 8...

[This message has been edited by Dead{o}Santa (edited 17-11-99).]

Thats how I killed Serpheroth plus a couple of barrier and wall spells

Hehe - well done monty - but you can kill sephiroth without that sh1t, he only takes one KOTR in his first incarnation and 2 in his second 'one-winged-angel' incarnation.
    Better than barrier materia, though, is the enemy skill 'Big Guard'. Get it from the beach plug on the beach near Costa Del Sol. You'll need to manipulate one and cast it on yourself. It gives you full Barrier and MBarrier and Haste on all your characters. It costs 50 MP, though, as far as i can remember.

As(i don't even have a PSX anymore sad.gif)ka

Diablos is actually pretty dam good against some boss's when its fully built up, 4-5000pts of damage.

is that Final Fantasy 8 again?

yup, A brilliant game, but a little easy in places, no magic points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Diablo does not suck. Like Monty said, it's good against bosses and that's because it's attack is a demi attack! The damage it does is a percentage of the HP of the enemies so against a boss or any monsters with lots of HP it will do a lot more damage than anything you got until you get some of the more powerful Guardian Forces.

You gonna to finish that?
    *munch*munch*

Has any one been able to defeat Cerbrus(three headed wolf GF) and if so how???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm not so sure about the craic with hiding the GFs all over the gaff - I have Diablo, Ifrit, Shiva (Shiva + Squall = unfeasibly powerful right now) and Quezacotl... I might go GF-hunting next time I'm let roam free on the map.

Can't get my head round junctioning at all, though I _think_ I'm doing it roughly right smile.gif I'm winning boss battles hands down, which is a good sign...

God, I love this game smile.gif

Ja,
    Rob

Shinji!!!!!
    I think you missed the GF Siren at the Dollet communications tower because that's very early on in the game and you didn't mention her. A lot of GFs you have to draw from bosses and I missed one myself (Carbuncle from them lizard thingies) and can't get it unless I start over so I'll just have to do without it.

As for killing Cerberus. It's not that hard if you have powerful spells to junction to your health or 100 of something less powerful. I have about 25 Ultimas (that costs gils and you I couldn't be bothered going back to the draw point) at that stage and that gave Squall about 4k health. Squall was only about level 30. With all that health and all the Guardian Force you can kill it easily enough. Or cast Triple and use all your powerful spells like Ultima wink.gif

*munch*munch*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

I'm still on FF7 myself.Disk 3.Anyone ever get the gold chocobo and then get the knights of the round materia.Cos......i havn't

-=20-40=-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

The storyline in FF7 is unbeatable IMO.

I always thought the story in FF6 was better than FF7s. FF8's story is pretty good too, have to finish the game first before I can comment on it.

*munch*munch*

2040 - If you can defeat the desert weapon, and bring its prize(desert rose me thinks) to the man in Calm town(near midgar) in the house to the left of the bar he'll give you a gold chocobo!

You didn't get Odin from the Centra Ruins? wink.gif You should also be able to get the tonberry king after getting Odin but you can do all that in disk 3 I suppose. Just do the SeeD exams and gain levels if you want money. Am on level 13 and get 10000 gils waahoo wink.gif

*munch*munch*

Ahh hah! got it.

the extra Gfs I have so far are:
    Ifrit, Siren, The Brothers, Carbuncle, Diablos, Pandamonia, Leviathan and now Cerberus. smile.gif

Those ultimas were pretty useful against Cerberus(little expensive though unless you go to fisherman's horizion. In the mayors house beside the robot thingy.)

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 07-12-1999).]

I knew I forgot to mention one of them, I just looked at the ones I junctioned. It was a b!tch to get him in that time limit with those Fu(kin' toneberry's. To get the toneberry GF. You have to beat 20 toneberry's in a row with out leaving the ruins(after you get Odin), and then defeat the king. Haven't got it yet, the toneberry's are deceptively strong. Stock up a huge amount of Items and magic before attempting this.

Damn cencorship

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 08-12-1999).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement