Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun Lovin Criminals to play secret gig in Dorans tonight.......

Options
  • 12-12-2002 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Badly kept secret, but apparently it is a goer......

Ginseng, Minerva and The Jazzberries are on till 10.30 then we have to hand the Venue over to the mystery guest.

Who else could it be??????

Well anyway, apparently Voodoo and Dorans have been packed for the last 3 days, so if you want to be a part of this then be in Dorans early we start our show at 8.00, if you are there for then, you only have to pay 6 Europes in as opposed to 12 later on.

Niall.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Well??????? Did they????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

Ohhhhhhh mmmmyyyyyyyy Gaaaawwwwwwdddddddd!!!!!!!!

What a night, admittedly having to do the door, so I didn't catch any of Minerva or The Jazzberries set, but they did sound excellent, Ginseng were brilliant again.

I was off the drink till I seen how well the gig was going and then decided that I deserved a drink, so naturally enough I got plastered as did everyone I think.

I left at 4 in the morning, the Bar was still open and the DJ was still spinning decks.

What a night, why can't they all be as successful as that, of course because of our early curfew and the Engineer being 90 minutes late we didn't get started till 9 o clock meaning that the bands only got 30 minute sets each. A bit of a bummer, but nothing could have been done about it.

The FLC didn't play in the end, atleast they didn't play while I was there, if they got up and played a gig after 4 in the morning I would have been very surprised.

Got home at about 4.30, went to bed, then what felt like straight away, I heard a very irritating noise, which turned out to be my alarm clock going off at 7, so I got up had my shower and pissed about till 8 then went to work, and here I am writing this note.

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did last night.

Cheers.

Roll on Sunday, Skyjack and Speedman, miss it at your peril.

Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

What a night! Fair play Niall for gettin' up so early. I woke at 2pm. No rest for the wicket tho as I gotta head to Voodoo tonight. Might take a break tomorrow although I do wanna go to Blotooth...and then we have Skyjack on Sunday. Rock n' Roll!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

You crazy people!!! I went to Eddie Rocketts and then went home and keeled over. Never drink on an empty stomach, kids.

Thanks for remembering my keys, Sandi!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

No probs Silverfish, but if I'd actually thought about it, I could have nicked your car! Dammit...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Why was the sound engineer an hour and a half late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

Because its Dorans, we had to finish by 10.30 almost an hour early so I asked the sound guy to be there an hour early ( 6 o clock ) but he didn't arrive in till 7.30.

No excuse was given, but then again there never is, With the FLC in town, the gigs took second place over everything, its just a shame that they don't realize that they only ever come over once a year, nd the rest of the time Dorans is relying on us to bring in the crowd.

For shame.......

Niall.

Advertisement