Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explorer - File selection problem

Options
  • 12-12-2002 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Do you know how you can select multiple files in Explorer using the CTRL and Shift keys, well for some reason this is disabled on my PC. I don't know how / why as other people use the PC. Any suggestions as to how to enable this again??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

on the right hand screen of explorer, click the first file, hold down your CTRL key and select all your files with your mouse. If the files are consecutive hold down your SHIFT key instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Java,
    Thanks for the reply but I cannot use either the CTRL or Shift key for this purpose. When I select a file and then press either key, the mouse icon freezes and will not move until I release either key. Its as if the file selection keys are disabled!
    Dave G

Strange. What operating system ?

Its Windows 2000. I have never seen the problem before in all my years with PC's.

I also have a wireless keyboard and mouse but I don't think they would cause the problem.

Are you an administrator or power user of your own pc?

• Advertisement

When I log-on I am the administrator.

Advertisement