Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun Lovlin Criminals @ the Olympia

• 12-12-2002 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I went to see these guys last night for the first time. I've actually wanted to go see them for years but something always cropped up to stop me going, so I was really looking forward to it.

The music was good, and Hughie (sp?) was singing well (as far I could see, he *was* actually singing), but I was extremely disappointed to see that he was not playing the lead guitar - it was either someone playing off-stage, or (and more likely) pre-recorded.

This I expect from the Spice Girls. Not from FLC.

The sad part is that he didn't even sync very well, and was very obvious once one started watching his playing.

All in all, a good night, but more due to the craic we had in the pub after, and less to do with a tired and middle-aged FLC.

I don't recommend wasting ~35yoyos on going to see them, buy yourself a couple of albums for xmas instead!

Al.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Well I went to see them on Tuesday and Hughy was playing the guitar then and i can safely say that it was the best gig i've ever been to.

As for your accusation of him not playing live lead, i would be extremely doubtful if it was true. Granted, they use a few backing tracks for the likes of "The Fun Lovin Criminal" or "Scooby Snacks" but Hughy definately plays lead or something over them. This was my 3rd time seeing them and on none of these occasions have i ever doubted Hughy's integrity while playing.

That being said I wasn't there on the same night as you (judging by the date you posted this thread on and the fact that you mentioned it was yesterday, i am presuming you went to the Wednesday gig?) so I cannot vouch for the night in question but as i say, I would strongly doubt that he was miming his guitar. Bearing in mind the doppler effect that one would surely experience at such a small venue as the Olympia, it is very possible that what was being played on stage and what you were seeing were not in sync.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Minerva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Christ, sounds like he was a tad out of order there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

i was behind the scenes at dorans once and went up the back alley to get something and saw Doran and Huey and the bodyguard putting a strange white substance up their nose.
    he's was obviously coked off his biscuit, thought he was superman and picked a fight.
    He's a moron, don't mind him.

Advertisement