Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women huf !

• 12-12-2002 7:41pm

You know the old story women talk about , he is a bastard he has done this and has done that you cant trust men . Men this nad men that !
    But in the last few years these stories have been changing . Lots of my friends really nice guys have been hurt by their girlfriends doing the dirt on them.Some of them have sorted their differences. Its seems if a man cheats he is a bastard but if a woman its still the mans fault. I know about 10 girls that have cheated on their fella and i know of 2 guys that have cheated on their girls . Is this the modern woman ? Will men soon be saying to themselves its hard to find the right woman ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

When I was younger I ofetn had 4 of 5 girls on the go at the one time. But then I found a girl I liked and the guilt played havoc on me. Since that I a one girl kinda guy and treat wemon with total respect.

Since iv been like that I have been traeted like absolute sh1t! Wemon have just walked over me time and time again. I been treated really badly.

But at the end of the day you have to lick your wounds and just keep trying and hope that one day you will find that special someone that will look after you and treat you as well as you treat them.

Althought I do have a tendency to go for the very strong, out going, good looking wemon so its kinda my fault but im sure ill get it right eventually. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

problem being karma. what goes around comes around.
    you treat a woman like **** enough, and she's gonna start doing it to someone else
    after years of being treated like crap, women are getting their own back. get used to it

god i sound like such a man-hating feminist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Well I can second whats been said, I've had it happen to me before, and as far as I know I've never misstreated or cheated them. So that rules out karma :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Also cant be karma. You see I had a few wemon on the go yeah but they never got hurt. I felt bad about and they never found out. Because if its karma, Iv been treated so bad Im due some real happyness really soon :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

hey dont look at me
    *shrugs*
    there are some women out there that are just bitches. like there are men that are jerks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Seraphina
    problem being karma. what goes around comes around. you treat a woman like **** enough, and she's gonna start doing it to someone else after years of being treated like crap, women are getting their own back. get used to it
    But who were these men cheating with? I contend that it was with **shock horror** mostly women. Most men sleep around a bit. Soem women sleep with all those men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by Seraphina
    problem being karma. what goes around comes around.
    you treat a woman like **** enough, and she's gonna start doing it to someone else
    after years of being treated like crap, women are getting their own back. get used to it

god i sound like such a man-hating feminist.

damn straight you sound like a man-hating feminist, you obviously are one.

what you're saying is absolute rubbish. you have no reason to believe that the guy in the original post has treated women like ****. i've never treated women like ****. i'd wager most guys havent treated women like ****. of course men have held all the cards for centuries before. women were treated liek **** when men werent. but that doesnt justify a turning of the tables. we should aim at equality, not a scenario whereby one sex treats another like ****. the focus should be on the individual, not some sex-based karma system. shame on you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

this is a ridiculous thread!
    so, some men and some women cheat, are you trying to tell me there is something new here? we can all whinge about a crap relationship, so - just pick yourself up and move along

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    this is a ridiculous thread!
    so, some men and some women cheat, are you trying to tell me there is something new here? we can all whinge about a crap relationship, so - just pick yourself up and move along

Its not that some men cheat and that some women cheat but the ratio has seemed to change recently showing women doing to more cheating .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Dre as in Dray
    ...the ratio has seemed to change recently showing women doing to more cheating .
    Everybody DOWN!!! Someones just taken the pin out of an unjustified statistic grenade. FIRE IN THE HOLE!!

I really don't see any difference in men/women. Both sexes are equally bad. The fact that you haven't noticed guys do it that much is because
    -They dont tell you
    -They haven't managed to but they would if they had the choice.
    -They are lying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Dre as in Dray
    the ratio has seemed to change recently showing women doing to more cheating .

I'd like to see your stats??

That is the exact reason for my post . I have noticed it on my side with friends and friends of friends . I was just seeing did anybody else share the same eperience .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

I dont mean to be ignorant here, but I would consider myself to be a nice guy, and I have had terrible luck with women. Everytime I meet a girl ( and it doesnt happen alot ), I get on great with her that night, and then she gives me her number. As soon as I txt them, then they dont reply. I try to be nice to girls aswell and one some occasions they have walked all over me. This happened when I worked in Superquinn at the age of 16, and I was nearly oblivious to it.
    There was another case where a girl was getting into my mates car for a lift, and there wasnt room for her. I offered to get the bus with her ( a friendly gesture, wasnt trying to get stuck in or anything ), and she jumped straight into my seat and off they went, leaving me waiting on a bus on my own. Sound.

Just that small **** that really wrecks my head. Im not trying to vent my anger here, just warning any people to watch out for that ****. I know there are nice women aswell in the world, so I havent taken the stance of thinking every woman in the world is a bitch, however I have yet to meet a genuinely decent one.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

im deadly for juggling women

ive got palm and her five sisters on the go every day

aaaaahhhh hahahahahahahah *bonk* (gone flops to the floor from exhaustion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Durden

Matt, you poor poor child... you have my pity. But I'd like to say there really are a lot of very nice women out there. there are also a lot of b*tches too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

geeeeeeeeeeezzzzz!

what a high opinion about women you have:rolleyes:

if someone cheat, man or woman, it's cause there is a reason to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Of course people cheat. A lot of them probably like the thrill of playing the field.

Both men and women do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes they say that Women are having more affairs and that it is to do with less woman wanting stabilty of a long term realtionship as they dont want to have children.

Also less women are settling for less and are looking out of a realationship upgrade to a better model.

Nothing that Man have not been doing for years that some women are doing now a lot like they way drinking pints used to be

geeeeeeeeeeezzzzz!

what a high opinion about women you have

Me? I do actually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

so what?
    don't you think women have the same feelings about men?!

• Advertisement

Yeah, of course... but I was trying to re-assure matt that there are nice women out there... i did have to agree that there are b*tches too... same thing aplys to guys, I know this from both my experience and my friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

Whilst I concede that it appears that more women are being unfaithful, I don't think it is a one sex problem. There are warm, loving women out there, who are kind and considerate. I am one of them, well so I've been told. And I've been treated badly but I don't think all men are bad, in actual fact I think men are great, I love all your quirky little ways. I've also met some decent fellas too. But I will say this, there are some women, who love bad fellas and treat nice fellas like dirt. Why? Low self esteem, women are very hard on themselves, not that this will be admitted but you watch in a pub, espically a group of females and watch each of them observing the dress code, figure, etc. Each of them are comparing the other. This drags their esteem down, and then they try to build their esteem up by attracting the attention of a man and then rejecting it, depending though.

Also what does a man constitute treating a girl well? If the man listens, is attentive, gives of his emotions and time, then yes that is treating her well. However if he thinks that by giving her a bunch of flowers, etc but won't hug her or listen to her then no. She is going to feel isolated and cut off. The key to a woman's heart is sacrifice, sacrifice your time to her and she will be faithful and yours. But then maybe I am wrong. On our part we should treat you as the wonderful heroes that you are. Jesus now I will be in for a right slagging, C'est la vie, :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

I blame "Sex and the City" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

There are warm, loving women out there, who are kind and considerate.
    Where? No I'm serious where are they? Send one my way. Plzzzzz. Just kidding.
    The key to a woman's heart is sacrifice, sacrifice your time to her and she will be faithful and yours.
    Not always, its not a man/woman thing, its life. You can become an assh*le no matter what sex you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by McGinty
    The key to a woman's heart is sacrifice, sacrifice your time to her and she will be faithful and yours. [/B]

I was waiting for some woman to come on here to say that! I was particularly interested in how she'd phrase it too.

So we give the sacrifice and you return the faithfulness? Doesn’t seem like much of a deal to me. But then it's always been the way hasn’t it? Only difference is the modern woman wants to be an ‘equal’ yet still wants her man to be the chivalrous knight and round around after her as though she is some spoilt child to be doted upon. Sorry sister but words ‘cake’ ‘have’ and ‘eat’ suddenly come to mind.

And McGinty whilst I’m sure you (and ALL other woman who read this :rolleyes:) are the wonderful exceptions that prove the rule I can honestly say that I’ve never been involved with a woman that made me enjoy my time more or made me feel more fulfilled as a person than I did when I was single. So whilst I applaud all you ‘shippers’ out there who just HAVE to be with your special someone I’ll just keep my hand out of the vipers pit for now thank you very much!

Don’t get me wrong here I’m not saying women are bad. I’m just saying they just make very bad people to get involved with on anything other than a professional or friendship level. I put this down to the boundaries in those scenarios being are more clearly defined and accepted by the 'the participants' but then what do I know? I’m just a miserable woman-hating cynic after all. *yawn*

But to get back to the thread authors observations. Yes I’d warrant you are right. More women are probably sleeping around these days due to a number of reasons. But my response to that is ..... so what? Who cares? What’s good for the goose is good for the gander! As long as they are ACCOUNTABLE for their actions (and this is where I find a majority of women fall down) then I have no problem with it.

Act like an equal and you will be treated like one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Haven't read whole thread but I'd jus like to say a whore's a whore no matter what sex they happen to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

I think the whole issue of gender roles in relatioships is fading, leading to much inherent confusion, but I honestly don't think men are more to blame then women, or vice vearsa.

I think *people* being *people* are to blame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by McGinty
    And I've been treated badly but I don't think all men are bad, in actual fact I think men are great, I love all your quirky little ways.
    The first part of that sentence is explained by the second.
    The key to a woman's heart is sacrifice, sacrifice your time to her and she will be faithful and yours.
    The key to a man's heart is flexibility. I mean that literally...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Gotta agree with the Corinthian there with flexibility being the key. I think establishing the ground rules early on is a good thing to do as well i.e. this is my lifestyle and if you can think you can get along with that then fine. Otherwise F*** Off. Saves a lot of hassle, phonecalls that consist of silence at the other end because you went out with your mates last night and not her and a lot of whinging. If someone accepts you as you are, including your quirks, nights out with the lads/girls etc etc it stands to reason that they will be less prompted to go and do the dirt when given the opportunity. I used to do it all the time until now where I figure I have the best deal on the planet so why f*ck it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Kell
    Gotta agree with the Corinthian there with flexibility being the key.
    In fairness, while I do concur that understanding and compromise is important in any relationship, I did mean flexible literally - the ability to put your ankles behind your ears goes a long way towards getting a man to put up with all your various neurosis.

Advertisement